It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 5, Book 12




Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.  
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
 During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. 
They will teach you valuable lessons
.Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can b
ecome your blessings.



THANKFUL THURSDAY

There has been a lot to be thankful for this past week.  I'm thankful that although we had some bad storms we were all safe and lost no power.

I'm thankful for the time of being together with just a small part of my family.

I'm thankful for laughter around the campfires we had

I'm thankful for the good food we shared

I'm thankful for all my children and grandchildren

I'm thankful for my health and that of my family too

I'm thankful that I have many reasons to be grateful, the more I count my blessings, the less time I have to be anxious or upset.

The best way to show how thankful you are is to say THANK YOU.  Sometimes we forget just how blessed we are.  There are many that don't live the comfortable life that I have and I would be remiss is I didn't take the time to share what I am thankful for.  



I hope your Thursday is a day you can be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I am thankful I came here.
How neat is that? I love the plaque or quote. Just be Thankful, I certainly am!!!
Love from here we were a little cooler today!

That corgi :) said...

That is a good plaque there, Ma, to come to him in thanks and just not asking for things. You do have so much to be thankful for this week indeed!

betty

Barbara said...

Thankful to be alive, to know who I am in Christ, to be blessed with a husband, children and grandchildren. Thankful to God for who He is not only what He has done.Thankful for the street where I live, the community I belong to, the fellowship we have, for the strength and ability to love a full and busy life...... could go on forever!!!!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

Thank you, MA for being you.Take care.