It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 31, Book 12



Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to the one who searches for it.

 Proverbs 11:27 


TERRIFIC  2's  Tuesday/ Attitude and SMILES

As the above verse implies, we will find the negative if we look for it. Still, the opposite is also true. When we look for the good in people or situations, we really can find it.

Very often I've found that in negative situations, it's my attitude that needs to be changed.  Every day may not be a good one but there is something good in every day and rejoicing in each day does make a difference.

Rejoice is a word that is difficult to translate. The idea of the word is that of finding joy, or the things that bring joy. Someone has suggested that it ought to be translated, Let my last word to you be rejoice. It is a call for the expression of real joy.

Some people are always negative and critical. Nothing ever pleases them. They know no joy, so they give no joy. We need to evaluate our attitude.  Is the world a brighter, happier place because I am here? Will my smile send someone away with a little sunshine in their lives? It ought to.

Studies have pinpointed 18 different kinds of smiles. The most common and recognizable is the smile of enjoyment.

Those are my 2 for this Tuesday:  attitude and SMILES.

May your day be filled with a joyful attitude and lots of SMILES!  

May we have an attitude that makes life easier for ourselves and for those around us.

Have a TERRIFIC  Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

JeanJournal said...

A good attitude is a MUST if we want others to be happy around us~~~ and a SMILE is always a 'gift' to someone ~ Wishing you a HAPPY DAY! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Trying to please a negative person is beyond impossible...!! I don't understand how people can not see the joys in life...
Another great post..!!
Enjoy

TARYTERRE said...

I am filled with joy today. Having the right attitude makes a BIG difference, for sure. And smiles are contagious. have a GREAT day. take care.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I definitely agree. I've noticed that being around negativity tends to make everyone involved in a given situation negative. I try--when I can't do anything to change the situation--to do my best to remove my self from it.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree too - and I agree that people will get with they look for. And if they want to see the negative they will find it - and you can't do a darn thing about it.

sandie