It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 30, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 12




In The Garden Hymn

I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

MERRY Monday

This was one of my mom's favorite hymns, so naturally when I sing it I think of her.  I'm starting this week off with only good thoughts today.

Mothers and daughters don't always get along, and that was certainly the case with me and my mom.  I loved her dearly but I sure gave her a tough time over the years.

She been gone now for several years and today I only want to remember the best about my mom.  She loved to garden and really did have what they call a green thumb.

She spent many hours gardening and her flowers and vegatable plants all grew and bloomed abundantly.

For many years now I've been trying to Bloom where I've been planted.  With the good Lords help and a lot of faith,  I start everyday fresh and with anticipation.

Being content with who you are and with what you have is a gift to be treasured for sure.

In the garden this morning with a song in my heart.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Mothers and daughters always reach some point in their relationship where issues arise. You just have to move forward. Wonderful memories of your mom in the garden. A lovely hymn. have a wonderful day. Take care.

jack69 said...

I love the memories others have. I especially love it when a person 'weeds' their own life's garden of the bad memories, and bring the good ones forward to flourish.
You are good at that.
I love that song and have heard my mom sing it hundreds of times, it always made me feel good.
Love from here.

Chatty Crone said...

That was my mom's favorite hymn and we had it at her funeral and my brothers. His name was Andy - and the song goes 'and he' walks with me - sounded like he was walking with my brother! sandie

betty said...

I don't know this hymn. It is beautiful. You are beautiful and I appreciate your honesty, fairness, mercy and love of life. As Mothers, we all do the best that we can.
Aloha.

Barb said...

Hi Ma. Love that song too. Mom's and daughters do clash at times. I did with my daughter too. But now that she is a mother herself as well as a grandmother we're much closer. You're such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many others. You take care and have an awesome day.
love you.