It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 3, Book 12




This is our Prince Charming with his beach towel on after a swim in the pool.

You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. 
You have to go to them sometimes.

Winnie The Pooh
As Written by A.A. Milne



TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY

Beginnings and endings

No matter what life goes on.

This will  probably be one of the last long weekends I'll be here at the camper with my family.  DS#1 and family are now too involved in other things to camp much and have decided to stop camping after this season.

DD and her hubby don't know yet if they'll be able to continue camping either.  So the decision has been made to sell my camper.  Depending on how fast it sells, it will depend on how much more camping I'll be doing.  I really hate to see my camping time end but the reason I started doing it was to be able to spend time with my family.  If they aren't here, then there is not much reason at all for me to be here.

I will miss all the good times spent here and I'll miss the extra time I've been able to have with them.  But it is true that life does go on.  There will still be holidays and special occasions for us to get together.  It won't be quite the same though.

Some of my family will be heading home today, some will leave on Wednesday.  I'll be here a few more days yet. Some never came at all. It has been great while it lasted.

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!


'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Ahhh this one is sorta sad MA, but as you say life goes on. But you will enjoy some camping before the final closing. So we will enjoy it with you and after that, things will continue and we will still enjoy a positive time with MA!

Best of luck in which ever direction you take.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Oh No..!!
I loved the picture of your camping adventures... :(

That corgi :) said...

Oh Ma! Totally understandable for your decision to sell the campter, but I'm saddened since I know the joy you get from your place in the woods! But you are right, if the intent was to be there with family and family are moving to a different season of doing things, its good to move on to what they are doing and see if you can spend the time with them there if you are in the same geographical location. I'm sure this weekend was a bittersweet one as you enjoyed the time together but realize this particular season is closing of the fun you all had camping together. May the days you have left there all be filled of memories!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Oh my goodness. What a decision. I can not believe you are going to give up your little camper. It's your little piece of heaven. Looking up at the stars at night. Communing with nature. Really sorry to hear this because I know what JOY it has brought you. But you have to do what's right for you. So sad, though. GOOD LUCK, MA. take care. you'll be in my thoughts today. PS) your grandson is adorable. LOVE that towel.

Chatty Crone said...

What a perfect message Pooh sent to you. sandie