It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 28, Book 12




If you can't fly, then run.
If you can't run, then walk.
If you can't walk, then crawl.
But whatever you do, keep moving.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.






SUPER SATURDAY/ Keep Moving

Right now I am very glad that I have stairs in my home.  Without them, I'd get little to no exercise here at home.  It's not been good walking weather outdoors.  I had hoped to be outside more this summer, but the heat has kept me inside too many days.

Staying motivated is very important when it comes to accepting challenges and opportunities in life.  Without any motivations we loose our purpose and direction in life

Motivation encourages a person to get going.  It's a boost to those of us who need to accomplish our goals.  



We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Sometimes we lose faith in what we can achieve.  Yes, we all get obstacles in our way, but if we make the effort, we will get there.

We just have to keep moving forward.  If we cannot believe that we will reach our goals then we likely will not.  On the other hand when we just keep moving forward, we will eventually get there.  




I think that if we keep our bodies moving, you also keep your mind moving.  There is an old saying that if you don't use it, you lose it.  So true...  If you don't live life with a purpose you will lack the motivation to keep moving forward.  

We find ourselves moving on, moving up, moving forward  and moving and groovin'.  Moving is important!

Hope you all have a SUPER Saturday. Keep Moving!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Good one MA! Today I wish I had your stairs, I need the climbing exercise!!!
Love from here!!!

Buttercup said...

This has so been on my mind lately. I'm not very good yet at going up stairs and that's my goal. I do try and get out every day and walk at least a quarter of a mile. Not a lot, but it's where I am. Today I went beyond it and I was so pleased! Half mile tomorrow. Have a super Sunday!

Jenny said...

That's so true, i have had no reason to leave the house all week and gradually the joints are stiffing up. The stairs are getting hard but like you said we need the excercise. There is no standing still if your not going forwards your going backwards.

Have a good Sunday tomorrow.
Jenny <><

That corgi :) said...

I do agree about keeping moving, Ma! It is good too for the stairs you have for giving you exercise! I know hubby and me a few moves ago said NO MORE STAIRS, LOL, but so far we've still been active at the gym and walking Koda :)

I hope you had a great Saturday!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Now that is putting a positive spin on stairs! sandie

JeanJournal said...

MOVING ` yes I love to walk and every hour or so ~ I go outside and walk around my acre 'some' ~ Got home about midnight froma trip to Rome~30 minute drive~ WE HAD A GOOD TIME~but I'm tuckered out now ~ ready for some zzz's...My grandaughter Beth was sweet enough to take us to WHERE I CAME FROM ~ good posting today, Ma, as ALWAYS ~ ARE ANY OF YOU ON twitter~facebook~Pinterest~ I enjoy these and learn sooo much about the lives of others~and it's fun! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun ~JEAN LEWIS on these sites~(I hope you're getting to rock the baby, Ma ~ HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY!

TARYTERRE said...

Keep moving forward is good advice. Some days are tougher than others I must tell you to keep your chin up. In the old days I would deliberately walk up and down my stairs a zillion times a day. Was still fat, though. LOL Now I can't even climb one of them. what I would give for a 2 bedroom cottage on one level. take care.