It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 27, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 27, Book 12



I take nothing for granted. I now have only good days or great days.

Lance Armstrong

FANTASTIC Friday!

Imagine you have just arrived home after a long day and you fum­ble to unlock the door. When you step in the house you hear an erup­tion of voices calling out Surprise! The house is filled with family and friends, balloons, and more food than you’ve ever seen. Suddenly your plans for the evening have changed, and nothing else matters.

That is how I feel about Fridays!   After a long week, we can look forward to a weekend with family and friends and maybe a few celebrations.  When it's the end of the week, nothing else seems to matter.  We anticipate some time to count as ours for the making.  

No schedules to follow, no reports to be done, no rushing off to work.  Time to share a meal with our families and friends, and time to just to be.

Having made it through another week is worth celebrating for sure!

Hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one!

6 comments:

jack69 said...

As always, love the Blog. I am still relishing yesterday's quote by Washington. and now you give me another reason to appreciate your blog.

Love from here and I know you will have a great weekend.

We have been having evening thundershowers. Last night I had to put extra lines on the awning, but it was only a precaution.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I so agree! My plan for tomorrow morning--sleep. Tomorrow afternoon--read. Saturday evening--read and watch TV. How's that for lack of initiative!

That corgi :) said...

I like that, Ma, the celebration of Fridays!! It is good to have the rest of the two days off after busy weeks indeed!

I hope yours is a great weekend!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Sounds wonderful.

Martha said...

I can relate but my weekends aren't quite that simple yet. It's always catch up time for me which is usually more hours working than I spend at work - just another stage of life. With any luck I will make it to the next stage :)

Chatty Crone said...

I agree - I love Fridays - it signals to me relaxing and fun and rest for a couple days. sandie