It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 25, Book 12





You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. 

Charles C. Noble

Wonderful Wednesday 
Photographer Anne Geddes has made an art form out of taking pictures of sleeping babies. Her photos evoke smiles. Nothing is a better image of peace than a sleeping child.
But between naps and nighttime, caring for children is an exhausting and relentless responsibility. In their innocence and enthusiasm, children can get themselves into life threatening situations in no time. 
After a hectic day of chasing, entertaining, protecting, feeding, dressing, guarding, guiding, and making peace between squabbling siblings, parents are eager for bedtime. After the toys are put away and the pajamas are put on, the sleepy toddler slows down, cuddles with mom or dad for a bedtime story, and finally falls asleep. 
Later, before putting themselves to bed, parents check on their children one more time to make sure all is peaceful in dreamland. The serene beauty of a sleeping child makes all the day’s frustrations worthwhile.
Having a daughter with a little one that requires regular feedings, I know that she is very often up at least 2 times during the night.  She has learned to adapt her sleeping with his and knows how important it is to sleep when he sleeps.

Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment. 

 Dale Carnegie

We all get frustrated with things now and then, but they can be worthwhile in the long run.  Frustration can make you angry and then you loose your temper.  There are healthier ways to deal with our frustrations.  There is little in life that we can control, but we can choose how we respond to the difficulties we encounter.

We can choose to be kind to those around us, no matter how much they tend to frustrate us instead of being caught up in our own needs.  If I try saying I Love You without any expectations, just like a mom with a baby sleeping peacefully, it makes me feel like my frustrations are worth while. 

I was feeling a little frustrated with some changes going on here, but I know that life means change and I've accepted it now and am definitely feeling more peaceful about things.

Peace is wonderful feeling and because I've chosen to accept and adapt to the changes and move on, my life will be more fulfilling.  Life is filled with changing circumstance.  Nothing, absolutely nothing ever stays the same.  In fact in some  situations can change as often as the weather. 

Time goes by too quickly and there just isn't any time to wasted on negative emotions.

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion.  I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.  

Kurt Vonnegut

I hope your Wednesday is a wonderful one!  Be at peace, take a deep breath and smile.

'On Ya'- ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Your words of encouragement and insight combined with the wise words of counsel you find are refreshing.
You describe the feelings of seeing that sleeping child so well. It is such a peaceful scene.
Love from Pennsylvania

That corgi :) said...

good for your daughter taking the time to sleep when her little one sleeps rather than think she has to get this or that done around the home. So true that nothing stays the same; it is good to be as adaptable as we can to get that wonderful peaceful feeling indeed!

hope Wednesday is a nice one!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Being a mother is one of the toughest jobs on earth. It's a balancing act every day. I'm sure your daughter is doing fine. MA I understand being frustrated about change. It can be a good thing, but it brings with it a great deal of uncertainty. Adjusting can be difficult, indeed. I'm glad you have made peace with your circumstances and hope new and exciting things await you in the future. Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with you but isn't it hard sometimes to accept change? I think being a mother is tough. The world today is tough. I think we need to be able to adapt to change - makes us healthier. You seem to have it all together! sandie

JeanJournal said...

Oh my! the picture of that baby is soo sweet and beautiful ~ and about little steps ~ I have little 20 or 30 minute projects and rest some between the chores each day and I go about praying and singing and thanking God for the many blessings from Him! Ma ~ for me, today was lovely and I wonder what plans He has for me Thursday ~ ENJOY every minute of every day!(for each day is the day the Lord hath made) and as for me~~I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT~ ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)