It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 24, Book 12




A little story called The Crow And The Jug

A crow half dead with thirst came upon a jug which had some water at the bottom. But it soon found out that it could not reach down far enough to get at it. He tried and tried but at last had to give up in despair. Then a thought came to him and he took a pebble and dropped it into the jug. Then he took another pebble and dropped it in as well. Then he took another one and kept at it. Slowly but surely as the pebbles were dropped in the water began to rise slowly. At last he saw the water come right up near him. After casting in a few more pebbles he was able to quench his thirst and save his life. 

The moral of the story.....little by little is the way to go!

TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY...little by little

Nothing gets done at my house without taking little steps any more.  Little steps to clear the clutter, little steps to clean the house, little steps to do the yard work.  Everything gets done eventually, but it's always a little at a time. They say that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Sometimes I take two steps forward and then 10 steps backward.  

I have learned that for me, shortcuts don't work and that I have to be patient; doing things one step at a time.  I know that if you break things up into small parts and take one step at a time, you will succeed.

If you’re stuck, ask yourself, What’s the smallest step I can take right now to move me forward?

The Truth is, accomplishing anything significant requires many small steps which add up to the completion of a project.  Small things do add up.

I have to remind myself of this every day, every moment, that teeny steps make a huge difference. In fact, it’s the only way to get anything done.  Every bit of effort helps. Every small step counts.

That is my two for this Tuesday: tiny steps DO bring you a significant and BIG impact.  You’ll be surprised at how quickly and easily you get that BIG job done!

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday

'On Ya'- ma

6 comments:

Rose said...

Yes, tiny steps is so important.

I've been experiencing chronic fatigue lately and have no clue why. I have not changed my diet but I can't get to the gym lately because all I want to do is sleep.

I did buy some liquid vitamin B12 and it is now starting to kick in.

Weird......but I remind myself that tiny steps each day gets me through along with prayer.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

another great post..!!

That corgi :) said...

So true Ma with tiny steps to accomplish something big! I know I can look at a project that needs to be done and it seems overwhelming until I break it up in little steps and indeed it does get all done! Great advice for this fine Tuesday morn!

betty

jack69 said...

Agree with Rose, BB and That Corgi. As I age, it is the small steps that get things done, no longer the leaps and bounds of youth.
As always, GOOD post.
Have a great day, we have about 2 more weeks in this park. I doubt if I will be tired of seeing corn by then. This area is beautiful.

TARYTERRE said...

Little by little, indeed. In my house, I always take two steps forward and 10 steps back. My yard is a mess. My house is a mess. OVERWHELMING. But when I get this blood sugar thing under control I'm going to tackle some things around here a little bit at a time. take care.

Chatty Crone said...

That is exactly how I get my work done! lol. Two steps forward and one back - but I still get ahead - right?
sandie