It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 23, Book 12




Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

MERRY MONDAY

Morning Has Broken is a popular and well known hymn first published in 1931. It has words by English author Eleanor Farjeonand and is set to a traditonal Gaelic tune known as Bunessan.  Lots of famous singers have recorded this song over the years.  I know it because we sing it in church.

There is nothing like a gorgeous sunrise and a familiar hymn to start of a new week.

May the God who makes each morning like creation's first morning, give us grace to greet every day in the light of the Resurrection morning, to grasp its unique opportunity with eager hands, to experience it as gift and calling before demand, and so to pass it on as a gift to others.


Have a MERRY MONDAY EVERYONE!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I do like this song Ma, and I do agree with your final thought for God to give us grace to greet each day! I hope you do have a wonderful day!

betty

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Love this song--has such a sense of newness and beginning again!

jack69 said...

What beautiful words for a song. I do not think I have heard it sung.
We have had a great day, a good drive in the country. I wish I could grow things, but I seem to love every plant to death.

Love from Pennsylvania.

betty said...

A great hymn and an uplifting way to begin the week. Cat Stevens recording is still my favorite.
Thanks, Ma. Aloha.

Jenny said...

You can't beat singing for praising God. Have a good day.
Jenny <><

Buttercup said...

I was blessed with a calm Monday, which always makes me happy. Hope you enjoy a bright and blessed Tuesday.

JeanJournal said...

Lovely song, Ma~my DELL still is on& off~SORRY TO MISS YOUR blog so much~SUMMERTIME is good~Hope you are having wonderful days! as I am! Loveya !! Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun (PUT IT ALL IN HIS HAND! is the best way to live~and LIFE IS GOOD! BECAUSE~GOD says to put it ALL in HIS HAND! and we know, Ma that HE never fails us! you're very precious~keep on and on inspiring all of us ~Blessya!

TARYTERRE said...

BEAUTIFUL words. A sweet photo of the bird on the lake. A glorious sunrise would be nice, but it's been raining and raining here. Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I loved that song - so much so I sang with the words as I read it. sandie