It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 22, Book 12




Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present. 
Right now, somebody is very proud of you; 
somebody is thinking of you; 
somebody is caring about you;
 somebody misses you; 
somebody hopes you are not in trouble;
 somebody is thankful for the support you have provided;
 somebody wants you to be happy


R AND R SUNDAY

God in His loving wisdom has often has often had to remind me to relax, slow down and find His love and joy in each day. Each day I make an entry here in my blog which I label as a page in my book of life, a life that I try to enjoy  one page and one day at a time.

Slowing down is just a matter of remembering that there’s no need to rush through life. Schedule less things on your calendar, and more space between things. Learn to eat slower, drive slower, and walk slower. Going slowly helps to reduce stress, and improves the pleasure of doing things, and keeps you in the present moment.

The present moment is filled with so many wondrous things.  Just like the little poem above, right now somebody is probably thinking about you.   We don't realize how many things a moment can hold, until we slow down and think about it.

Life will always be stressful if you constantly try to rearrange it. 

Learn now to be gentle with yourself. You deserve special treatment simply because you are special. 

Just like those moments that take our breath away, there are moments of stress and moments of pain in our lives too.  Thankfully the moments of joy far outnumber the moments of sorrow in our lives.

Sundays are a perfect time to slow down and think about just what the moments of our day hold for us.

Could it be that the answer to our problems lie in a simple moment?  Slow down and enjoy every moment. 

I'm going to place a high priority on keeping my peace today.

'On Ya' - ma

4 comments:

Rose said...

I appreciate your reminder to slow down and relax especially on Sunday!

I love reading your Posts.

That corgi :) said...

I like that, learn to be gentle with yourself Ma. I need to be more gentle indeed; I tend to be my worst critic; I think we all can have that tendency at times. Definitely do take your wise to slow down and to not rush through life; it tends to rush by regardless, doesn't it?

may it be a restful day!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I like that. I love to slow down and smell the roses. It seems my hubby is always in a hurry - he hurries and hurries and he doesn't know why! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

My husband is always in a hurry too. Says he doesn't have much time left here on earth and he's still got alot to do. With everything going on it has been stressful here, for sure. Good advice, MA. Just have to take a minute or two to savor the moment.