It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 20, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 20, Book 12








If the Devil can’t make you bad, he’ll make you busy. 

 Orthodox proverb


FANTASTIC FRIDAY

I found the quote that is shown above on one of the sites I read daily and along with it was the admonition to think about the things you do frequently that are unnecessary and how you can rid them from your life.

I really cannot think of much of anything I'd like to rid out of my life, other than the stuff in my attic.  The things I do on a regular basis are mostly all things I love to do.  I'm really going to have to think about this one for awhile.

It's the end of another work week and today we celebrate having made it through the week, yes Friday is here again,  and we are already now to celebrate and have a great weekend.

For some the weekend may begin on Monday or Tuesday.  Not everyone has the luxury of having an actual weekend.  I know that many work 12 hour days and then have 3 off in a row too.

Here at my house I have only my house work to do.  I've been retired now for a little over 2 years, still I do look forward to the weekend.

It's going to be a quiet weekend at the camper for me.  Just a little rest and relaxation time.

  So I'm thinking that since the devil is not keeping me busy, he must have made me bad.  Well I'm hoping that I'll stay out of trouble in that case.

I hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Sounds like a nice weekend you have planned, Ma! I hope the weather is nice at the camper so you can enjoy some outdoor time! I had heard that saying before; I can see right now in my life it playing out with all the mandatory overtime; keeping me busy at work and making me tired to do anything else productive.

I'm thinking/knowing you are good and I'm sure you had many a busy day when you were younger, raising a family, working full-time etc. It is good to have the more relaxed pace being retired indeed!

betty

Kath said...

LOL !! Ma .I am hoping you stay out of trouble too He-He.Have a great relaxing week/end,you deserve it.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Looks like a pair of comfortable chairs. Perfect place for a friendly chat. ENJOY your camper time. take care.

jack69 said...

Ahhh, the devil knows he cannot make you mad ('cept at him) LOL

I laugh sometimes when I find us shopping in the crowds on Saturday morning and say, you know we can shop anytime, how do we end up here on Sat morning? LOL

Love from PA, Sherry ahs a heating pad on her lap it is so cool! hahaha I just looked 76 outside. NICE!

jack69 said...

And Crowds coming into this new park constantly. We moved just a little over an hours drive, closer to Lancaster and the Amish country.

Chatty Crone said...

I am hoping the storms are gone and you are out there relaxing in the camper. Sandie