It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 02, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 2, Book 12




We are always getting ready to live, but never living.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

MERRY MONDAY!

I always like to think that half the fun of a celebration of any kind is the preparation.  It seems like we put a lot into preparing for a birthday party or a family get together like a picnic or a reunion and then zip...it is over just like that.  So when ever I plan something, I like to enjoy the preparations. 

Since Friday evening I've been enjoying the company of some of my family.  I did do some preparing for this weekend but truly everyday has been a joy and filled with lots to do.  We've still got today through Wednesday here to continue the holiday too.

Friday night and Sunday just about dinner time we had some really bad storms roll through our area and we were fortunate both times not to have any damage from the high winds that accompanied the storms.  Lots of people have though.  It makes me realize just how blessed we've been to be enjoying all this wonderful time together.  Thousands had their plans changed and I'm sure they are not happy about sitting in their homes enduring the heat with out any power at all to keep them cool. 

We desperately needed the rain that we've gotten every day for 3 days now.  The rain itself has only lasted an hour or two and the rest of the time has been pretty sunny and hot.  

Whether you are preparing for a holiday or have already had your celebration, or really aren't doing anything special at all for the 4th of July, I hope you enjoy your day and have a MERRY Monday!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

peggy said...

I'll just be home but it's not so dull. I can sit outside at night and enjoy fireworks in almost any direction and it was cool enough this morning to drink my coffee outside. Happy Monday.

TARYTERRE said...

I am glad you and you family were left safe by the storms. you are right about the preperation that goes into an event. It can be MORE fun, I've found. LOL ENJOY your family and this wonderful opportunity to be together for the 4th. And prayers to all those who have lost so much from this storm. take care.

JeanJournal said...

HAVE A BLESSED FOURTH OF JULY! So glad to hear you're having FAMILY and ENJOYING THEM~I'm visiting my oldest daughter for a few days~HOT TEMPS HERE!~geting to 104 and higher~GOD BLESS AMERICA is my favourite 4th of July song~I LIKE your picture of the FLAG!~lOOOONG MAY OUR COUNTRY HAVE THE FREEDOMS we have now~HUGS!~ ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun ~((((a good book to read is NOTHING TO FEAR about Franklin Delano Roosevelt during the DEPRESSION of 1929 thru the 1930's and about his fireside chats on the radio and HOW people went thru those years)))~ I was born in 1932 and often think that this is my 2nd time to be living thru times like this~GOD WAS SO TRUSTED ~~THEN~~ and NOW MOST PEOPLE are NOT BELIEVING!~~but GOD will still answer the prayers of BELIEVERS!~and GOD is AMERICA'S ONLY HOPE!~~SO~~THE ANSWER IS JESUS~and always will be ~ the ANSWER!

Jenny said...

Hi Ma, i hope you have a good 4th July and the weather stays good. We have just had the wettest June since records have been kept and apart from the odd hot day we haven't really seen summer yet. Some Places (not us) have been badly flooded. I feel sorry for them when they get their homes runied. Enjoy your day.
Jenny <><

That corgi :) said...

Glad you guys weathered the storms just fine Ma with no damage and that it did rain a bit every day there!! I do agree with you, preparing for celebrations is enjoyable to do, especially amongst those we love!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you do have to prepare for different things when you go on a trip don't you? I hope you were safe in the rain. And the whole campground! Happy 4th. sandie