It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 10, Book 12



The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours.  No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen.  And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot.  The possibility is always there.  

Monica Baldwin


TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday

Feeling tired? Feeling good.

Sometimes being tired out can be a good feeling because you know you've accomplished a lot.

Other times it seems we feel tired before we ever even get started on what there is to be done.

Being tired can be caused by lack of sleep, lack of good nutrition and by lack of exercise.

The kind of tired I'm feeling today is from all the accomplishments of the past month or so.  It was a very busy spring, and it's been a busy start to the summer and I'm thinking this is a good kind of tired that I'm feeling.

How tired is too tired?  When we are tired our body is telling us to rest.  When our brains can't stop thinking, it's time to put our minds to rest.  When we are too tired to be of help to others, it's time to put our spirit at rest.

Tiredness happens to everyone.  It's a feeling you expect after certain activities or at the end of the day.  Usually you know why you are tired and a good night's sleep solves the problem.  I'm not only getting a good nights sleep, but it is time for a  lazy rest of the summer too.



Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.

Sam Keen

These are my lazy days of summer.  Time just to kick back and take it slow and easy.  Sometimes being tired is good.  Soon enough fall will be here and busy times will be back.  Once again the family calendar is filling up with lots of activities and get togethers are being planned.  Hopefully the rest of July and the month of August are going to be quieter times for me.  By the time summer ends I want to be ready to get into all the wonderful celebrations ahead.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday:  feeling tired and feeling good!

I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

'On Ya' - ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

It is good to have a lull, Ma, before fun activities begin again. I think our bodies need that, especially as we age, LOL :)

Got a good night's sleep last night so less tired than I was yesterday when I didn't sleep so good, so ready to tackle the day today!

may it be a great one!

betty

jack69 said...

SWEET. We only have 30 amps here. Lost power already 3 times thismorning. we are too used to having it EASY!
We are adjusting but slow keeping uLove ya!

TARYTERRE said...

Beautiful description about waking up. Possibilities are all around for sure. Hope you REST and RELAX. It'll do you a world of good. Refresh your spirit. Take care.

Kath said...

Tiredness is something I do suffer quite a lot of.Hopefully Ma the B12injection I had just over a week ago now,is kicking in.I havn't felt quite as tired this last week.I always do an afternoon nap and that helps my tiredness too.Enjoy your July and August,you deserve to relax,I often wonder how you keep up with all the celebrations etc.Have a wonderful Wednesday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

LOL the doctor has let me begin to swim, but I took my water and book too so I could R&R after my exercise!

Thank you for your wonderful insight!

Chatty Crone said...

I love that quote - may I use it? How true it is. sandie