It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 1, Book 12



Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. 

Charles Richards

R AND R SUNDAY

What can I say?  With all the terrifically high temps we have been having, I really don't feeling like doing anything else but relaxing and resting.

Today is one that I definitely need some refreshing too.

Refreshment from this heat is in order for sure.  I'm a little wilted and need a refreshing breeze sent my way.

For awhile here at the camper, I thought my air conditioner wasn't going to work,  but Friday morning when I tried it, it decided to kick on.  Thank the good Lord for that one!

I know I am spoiled and I have always enjoyed having air conditioning here where I camp.  

I have been enjoying the early morning hours and the late evening times to the fullest.  That is the best time to be outdoors.

My good cup of coffee still tastes good and I love waking up where I'm surrounded by some lovely sights.

Late night when the stars are out, I can look up and feel like I'm a part of the universe

The days have been busy and today may just be the same as my family like to celebrate the times we have together. Sundays were always family days when they were growing up and today will be another of them.

I hope you all are keeping cool and will be enjoying this long holiday weekend.  A lot of people tend to take an extra day or so off work to make it an extra long one.  The 4th is on Wednesday so here at my camper we'll be celebrating till then.

Have a Happy and relaxing Sunday! 

'On Ya'-ma


8 comments:

jack69 said...

Love that statement by Richards!!!! You come up with some good ones.
WE all love the A/C when it is HOT. Glad the one at the camper kicked in, whew!!!
Enjoy the day and the family!!!!

jack69 said...

Love that statement by Richards!!!! You come up with some good ones.
WE all love the A/C when it is HOT. Glad the one at the camper kicked in, whew!!!
Enjoy the day and the family!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

It sounds idyllic there. Feeling like a part of the universe is
wonderful indeed. ENJOY.

That corgi :) said...

Glad the air conditioner is working Ma! With the Fourth being on a Wednesday, it will be interesting to see how people celebrate it, I know most offices won't probably take a 5 day weekend, but maybe within offices people will divide up time so they can have more than a few days off. Regardless, I'll be working but that's just fine :)

I do hope it cools down a bit for you guys so you can enjoy the days you have together without the high temps too!

betty

Martha said...

Have a wonderful Sunday Ma. Enjoy camping, your wonderful family, and this holiday week!

Sybil said...

Hello Ma
Sorry to be so long comenting but with wee Masy here my days seem to fly by so quickly it is all I can do to even read some of my friends blogs !! I do hope that you get some relief from the heat that you have been having. Maybe you could send some if our way as we are having quite the opposite it is cold an with the heaviest showers i have ever seen to think we are in our peak summer holiday period iam so sorry for the holiday makers and children on holiday. the scottish schools star their 6 week holiday break this weekend and the english schools in a couple of weeks,, sorry not to be using capitals but typing with one hand the other is holding on to a sleeping masy lol
love sybil xxx

Sybil said...

sorry to read about the heat that you are having but glad at lest that you have some ac...perhaps you could send some of the heat our way as we are having a real cold summer with terrific rain showers and flooding i hear that it as been the wettest June since records began many areas,,
take care and take plenty drinks
love sybil xxx

Chatty Crone said...

I love how you saw the brightest things about camping there - so sweet. sandie