It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 9, Book 12



We all have a comfort zone,
In which we all retreat.
When times get tough it's hard to not
Feel like you are beat.
So when you feel this time approaching,
And your comfort zones in view.
Stop and think about what you're feeling,
And see if what you're feeling is true.
It's good we all have a spot
That makes us all feel good.
But sometimes we may use that spot,
When it's not necessary that we should.
So next time you feel the need,
To stay in your comfort zone.
See if all you really need,
Is some confidence of your own.

SUPER SATURDAY 

YOU have a Super Day!!  It's a phrase that sticks after saying it hundreds of times.  Every Saturday is my SUPER day.  It's a day when I often get a lot done and  the weekends are often times when I get to see and spend time with part of my family.  It's not always that I'm blessed to have time with them so I try to make the most of it.

It's at these times that I very often feel out of my comfort zone too.  They are all so busy and do so much that I often feel left out of the stream so to speak.

My life is a pretty quiet one and so for a good part of the time we spend together, I just listen to what has been happening in their lives.  It's so nice to be able to catch up with what they are doing and how they've been.

Listening isn't a bad thing at all.  I've found that most of the time it is a much better thing to do than to speak.  
Being in a comfort zone is a good thing for me.  I feel like it is a reward for a job well done, but  I love my family and I love spending time with them so sometimes being out of my comfort zone is even better.

For the most part I love my comfortable life, but it's great to step out of our comfort zones for a time now and then because it opens the doors to new experiences and excitement.  Comfort can feel good but it can also hold you back from becoming your best.
  

Enjoy your comfortable spot today, but don't forget to reach a little higher and have a SUPER Saturday!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I do think we grow when we leave our comfort zones for a bit; it does open up new areas to explore or serve in, plus helps break up sometimes the routine of our days. I find it is great to listen too, Ma, especially when someone is ready to talk about something that might be bothering them, etc.

However you spend today, I know it will be a Super one indeed!

betty

jack69 said...

We are having a good day. Sherry especially, this is her hair day and her grand daughter is the beautician. she loves the time they share.

Hope your weekend is good, here on our table are some great GRAPES, sherry just said these are so go aren't they? And I immediately thought of you and your entry mentioning GRAPES.
Beautiful day here!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

I am glad you are safe and happy in your comfort zone. I stepped out of mine, last week by driving 2-1/2 hours from home. I got lost a few times but managed to find my way back home. I think I'll stay put for a while. take care.

Kath said...

I havn't left my comfort zone today Ma,it's been far too cold,and I am still not feeling my best.I love to venture out of it many times,but I also like to get back into it too.Have a great time today Ma.Enjoy every minute.Take Care God Bless.Kath xx

Buttercup said...

I stepped out of my comfort zone at the Book Expo this week and it was a great experience. It gave me a big push to try and reach out more, even when it's a challenge. Wishing you a great weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

I think I use my comfort zone - as a place to feel good and stay out of trouble. I use it as a retreat - not sure if you are talking about that kind of comfort place or not. sandie