It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 7, Book 12



Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will 
always come a time when you will be grateful you did.

Sarah Caldwell


THANKFUL Thursday!

Many times in our lives we go through things that cause us pain, sorrow and even leave us feeling hopeless. It's really important that we can reflect on the things that we are thankful for. If there is one thing that I have learned in my own life is that by living with a life of gratitude it can change your entire outlook on your life and how you handle the things in your life.  Thankfulness is the deep, contented breath of Peacefulness.


Summer is officially now just a few short days away. I can't even believe it's almost here again. I thought it was never going to come. In honor of summer, here are a few things I'm thankful for today!

I am so thankful to have time to re-energize and rejuvenate. I'm going to have to make a summer bucket list to ensure I get all kinds of things done. I just love that flexibility!

I love summer for all the fresh fruit that comes with it. Thank you sale on grapes, in-season peaches, bright red strawberries, and heavy delicious watermelon! I could eat fruit as my only sustenance for days on end. There is such simple pleasure in summer fruits.

Smiles that let you know that others are happy to be around you

Sunny Days

Flea Markets - So I can go look at other people's junk

Peace -  Sleeping with the window open and letting the breeze lull you to sleep

Laughter

Having visitors = a clean house. SCORE!

Family - I enjoy spending time with my family, no matter what we are doing!

My stack of nightstand books. I love to read before bed

Bubble Baths


Start your day with grace and enthusiasm, end your day with grace and gratitude.  May your cup always be half full...

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

Rose said...

I haven't been to a flea market in a while. Thanks for reminding me and giving me something to do this weekend.

Yes, we all should have graditude.

In S. Florida, every day is summer weather! I enjoy a bit of the cooler whether the winter brings down here.

peggy said...

Good Morning! I am catching up on your posts this morning. I especially was grateful for the doubt-unbelief post. Sometimes I doubt and feel guilty for it! But never do I not believe. A beautiful day here, hope yours is too.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Love the "Smile" picture..!!
Enjoy

That corgi :) said...

All great summer thank yous indeed! I did notice lots of delicious fruit are on sale this week, I think a fruit salad is going to be on our menu in the coming days. I think reading before bed can be so relaxing (unless if it is a good book and you can't put it down and its time to go to sleep :)

enjoy the many blessings of the summer days ahead!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

FRESH fruit is indeed one reason to love summer. I love the fireworks on the 4th. So much to be thankful for. Take care.

jack69 said...

Thankful, you bet. I have so much to be thankful for, and I forgot until you mentioned grapes, ah yes, in season and a good price. We lived at one house that had a great arbor of grapes, I'll never forget how good they were.
Love from here very good weather.

Chatty Crone said...

You know why I love blogging - well one reason is that I love learning new things every day. sandie

Kath said...

Hello Ma,once again what a lovely post and I too love fruit and all the fresh salads one can make in summertime,plus the little weight loss I usually aquire,in the summer months.One of my grateful things.Makes me feel healthier all round.Yes I too wondered if summer would ever come.Though it's a wet and windy forcast for us the next four days,saying that,it's another one I am grateful for, as I have just lpanted up all my summer tubs for the garden and the rain does them a world of good.Gives them a good start and less water for me to carry.I love the smiley in the sand.It made me smile.Thankyou. Much love to you.{{Hugs}} too.I hope New baby X Factor and MOM and Dad are doing well also.Take Care God Bless Kath xx