It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 6, Book 12




If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble. 

Betty White

WONDERFUL Wednesday / wonderful life


There have been many times I've had to remind myself not to let the little setbacks of the day take over the day.  I try to remember my priorities and goals every day.  By saying no to one thing I don't really have to do, I'm saying yes to something I love even more.

 I read this news article recently and thought I'd share it with you as it is one thing I keep on my TO DO list.


Go ahead, smile. Have a good laugh. Do something fun.
This optimistic outlook comes from the latest findings from the Harvard School of Public Health
Health is more than just the absence of disease, it's also about whether you have meaning, satisfaction and happiness in your life.


We only have so much time in a day, how do we want to spend our daily allowance of minutes?
And in that balancing act of what to do and what not to do, we start to figure out how to live the good life. We can learn to THRIVE in our PASSION and LOVE what we DO in life.  We just have to make DAILY choices about what we are NOT going to do with our time and the kind of life we WANT. 

 SMILE! and have a wonderful Wednesday! 
 'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'm :)ing...!!

That corgi :) said...

So true Ma to do the balancing act of our lives to get the right balance that works for us to make us happy and thriving and content with our days. I know sometimes we feel we have to say "yes" to this or that commitment when it is something we might not have the passion for or even the comfort zone to do yet feel obligated to do so. I think being realistic in cases like that and thinking it is okay to say "no" can help us indeed find that balancing act :)

may it be a great day!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE that Charlie Chaplain song, SMILE. It has been a part of our life when facing a crisis for as long as I can remember. We just found out that the mass on our daughter's liver is inoperable. It is a ball of blood vessels leading to vital organs that have entwined. If they rupture it is instant death. So scary.

grammy said...

Great article and great advice.
When I happen to see someone just frowning away... I make myself smile a big ... somewhat fake smile... for as long as I can... then it usually stays for real (o:

Martha said...

Excellent! Just the act of smiling makes us feel happier inside :)

Chatty Crone said...

Betty White ought to know! And you can't give a smile away - you get it right back. sandie

Buttercup said...

I'm a smiler -- is that a word? It comes very easily for me and I realize that it's a blessing. Have a terrific Tuesday!