It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 04, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 12



MERRY MONDAY!

I found that cute piggy picture when I did a search for a picture for today.  It made me SMILE and smiling is a great way to start the day!

It's a new day here, for good and for ill.  Things change.  Priorities change.  People change.  Whether we think those changes are miracles or not almost doesn't matter.  Change happens and it's up to us to adjust.  Our ability to adapt to change and embrace the new will determine to a great degree our ability to find happiness and peace.



Here I am on a Monday morning once again sipping the good coffee and starting a new day.  I haven't any special plans for the day or the week, but I know that each day that I wake up is always going to be a great day.  

I don't know what will happen any more than I know what's around the next corner of my life, but so far today things are just fine.

It is so easy to get caught up in the past and looking ahead to the future. We often lose precious energy in jumping from the past to the future and it can leave us drained and tired. How often we forget about today and the present moment. It is in the current and present moment that life is lived to the fullest

The present moment can be challenging, difficult and at times surrounded by sadness. But for the most part it is a good place to be, it is a place where there is no pretense and it is a place where we are honest with ourselves. There is no hiding in the present moment. 


So enjoy yourself today because it is not coming back.  Don't waste another day!  
Use it!

Be happy for this moment.  This moment is your life.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

That corgi :) said...

So true mom to enjoy the day because it isn't going to come back again; after tomorrow 06/04/2012 is just history indeed! That was a cute picture with the pigs :)

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

A great "Live in the Moment" post.!!

jack69 said...

Yeah I like the pigs also. I had to smile when I read an article yesterday written by a Dr. expalining we needed to laugh more because of the affect it had on our bodies.
I thought how wise, since the scripture has said this thousands of years ago, it takes some folk a long time to catch up.
With our friend Mary Ann here in the park, we have laughed and smiled more than is normal, and it has been so nice and refreshing.
Love you lady.
Looks like a nice day here today.

Kath said...

Lovely post Ma once again.I love to laugh as you know and I had a good chuckle at the little piggy's haaaaaaaa.Enjoy your moments this evening Ma.I have enjoyed my good moments today.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Martha said...

So true Ma. I see so many people getting so stressed out at work and just making themselves miserable. I do my hardest to live in the moment even when I'd prefer to be doing something else. Being miserable about it only makes it harder to get things we have to do done for the day.

Chatty Crone said...

I know what you are saying about Mondays - this one I had a great one - got cleaning done and it feels good.

The pigs are so cute - and their noses are so pink.

Love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE those THREE little pigs. TOO cute. You are right the present is a gift. And we must make the most of it. Hope you have a wonderful week, whatever it holds for you. Take care.

JOHN said...

Wow Ma well said,I really enjoyed this entry.Of course all of yourentries are inspiring.You have a Blessed week and keep us informed.Love the picture of the pigs,I smiled too