It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 12



SUPER SATURDAY!

Our Fourth of July camping weekend is in progress here.  3 of my 7 children and their families are camping with me.  A total of only 5 of my seventeen grand babes are here. DD and DS#1 and their families have campers next to mine that are permanently parked here at the campground.  DS#5 and his family pulled their camper here and are parked in what they call meadow camping.  Really it is in the center of the campground, but usually they spend most of their time here with us and then return to their camper at night.  We also have 6 grand dogs camping too.  Most of my children have dogs and these 3 are no exception.

One time when we first started camping, the entire family gathered here for a reunion of sorts.  I doubt that will ever happen again.  But it was great to have them all together in one spot.  My family has grown so large that it is probably better that I see just a few of them at a time anyway. 

It's a rainy morning here but if and when the sun comes out again it's supposed to be another hot day.  With the exception of a storm that we had yesterday evening, the weather has been extremely hot for us here.  I'm not used to the heat and may have to resort to putting my bathing suit on and squirting myself with water to keep cool when I go outdoors.  I could go to the pool, but it is a holiday weekend and it is loaded.  I like it better when there is more than standing room only when I go to the pool for a swim.

I have a water sprinkler that just may get turned on here to cool us down today.  I remember how my children used to run through it on a hot summer day.  Although things still look green, the ground is parched and very dry.  The rain last night and this morning will be a big help.

I'm thankful for a little break from the heat, but am looking forward to the sunshine coming back.  

This is a super Saturday.  It'll be filled with super food, super family time and super fun.

Hope your Saturday is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

It sounds like a wonderful time,Ma, (except for the extreme heat). That idea of running through the sprinklers sounds like a good one should the heat become oppresive today (and the sun come out). Neat so many can be there, including the dogs!

have a great time!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

That sounds like great fun - except the heat - do you own this campground? I don't get how all of you get to the same place. I hope you enjoy it and have a great time. sandie

jack69 said...

I would bet, whatever you decide to do it will be fun. GREAT having that much family camping at once. That makes camping GREAT!

Stay cool the best way!

TARYTERRE said...

I hope you had a wonderful day. It sounds perfect to be surrounded by all your loved ones. That is quite a crowd you gather when you get together. Stay cool. ENJOY.