It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 3, Book 12



The Elusive Butterfly


There was a butterfly of gleaming colors, brighter than the rays of the sun. It flew and flew from flower flower. I followed it across the meadow but...Whenever I reached out my hand to catch the butterfly it kept flying away. Then one day I stopped chasing the butterfly so it circled round, flew about, then turned back, and landed on my shoulder. 


R AND R SUNDAY

Sometimes we rush and race to find what we think is really important in our lives. Today is a good day to know that what's really special and important is always within our reach

Let’s face it, who among us hasn’t had periods of overwhelming fatigue, no matter what other underlying issues may be present. We live in a hectic world, where there never seems to be enough hours in the day to accomplish all that needs to be done.

I've learned...
that life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end
the faster it goes

Sometimes our lives are so hectic that we need to simply get away. Getting away to a breathing space allows your mind, body, and soul to take a break. That break often creates a moment of recovery and inspiration. The perfect space will help you in feeling safe and free, organized and creative, balanced and positive. 

Create your own special space and recharge your batteries as often as you need.  My breathing space is sometimes all in my head.  I love the beach and can take that trip just about any time I want to think about it.  Going to the beach is really something I rarely ever get to do, but I can think about it.  I can close my eyes for a few minutes and just imagine how peaceful it would be to walking along the shore and watch the waves lapping right up to my feet.  I can see the graceful seagulls soaring in the sky.  

I do have my camper in the woods which I love to go to.  It is a great breathing space, but I'm not always able to get there either.  I can't count on being there all the time as it is a very seasonal thing.  I can only go there in the warm weather months.  

The days go by faster and faster it seems.  My mom was right when she said the older you get the faster time flies, but no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I can still take time out to allow myself some breathing space.

It's Sunday, my day for R and R.  I'm taking a breather today at home.  I am enjoying it to the fullest.


Hope your Sunday is filled with some of that great R and R too.  Take a breather.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Right you are, we all need breathing room. sometimes it seems to cost, but in the long run, I think it pays.
Cool weather here in the mts. much cooler than normal.
Today might be neat here, we attend a church of my youth, Last thee in 1953, I think!

That corgi :) said...

I do like the concept of having that breathing space, Ma, even if it is in our head and only for a few minutes at a time. Time does seem to go by so much more quicker indeed as we grow older; I know it is always good to take Sundays to pause and relax and refresh and renew oneself. I look forward to my Sunday afternoons eagerly as the week rushes by ;)

have a great one!

betty

Kath said...

I have been ill the last few days with fatigue Ma.Due to lots of home improvements and rushing to clean up every day after them,only for it to happen again the next day.Thus my absence from the comments in Blogger this last week.You are right Ma time waits for no man.My Mother used to say the same to me as yours did.Rained all day here today,so I have done some relaxing for a change.Have anice evening Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

Funny thing is, I had just taken a picture of my favorite seashell and was thinking about the beach when I clicked on your page. I love your post today. We all need breathing room, for sure. But a trip to the beach that we can conjure up at any moment makes for some GREAT R&R. take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I do the same thing - I have places in my mind I go to to for peace. I like this quote - "I've learned...
that life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end
the faster it goes" - sometimes I want to say stop the world - slow it down a bit.

Love, sandie