It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 27, Book 12



Even a woodpecker owes his success to the fact that he uses his head.


WONDERFUL Wednesday/ wonderful hearts


When it comes to making decisions, do you use your heart, your head or your gut?

Most of the time I think we need to operate from our heads intellectually, from our hearts emotionally, and from our guts intuitively.  It takes all three to make wise choices.

Too many times we go at things using our hearts but not our heads,  Then there are other times the head knowledge is there but we don't really have it in our hearts to follow through.

We have all been advised to follow our hearts, to remember our heads, and to listen to our guts. But when our hearts are breaking, our heads are aching, and our stomachs are tied up in knots, how do we know which body parts to overlook and which ones to trust?

The heart represents the most capricious and passionate part of the human body.  It tells us to leap without the fear of falling and to love without the fear of losing. 

Using our heads can give us stability and balance, our heads keep us on the straight and narrow path

Good or bad, our guts tell us when we shouldn’t try something new.
 
Although all of our body parts have their downsides, together they usually can come to a good solid conclusion



In today's society we sometimes forget to balance our hearts and our heads; this is the reason we stop laughing.

Yakov Smirnoff

When we live in our heads we over think, we easily tire, we literally feel our minds buzzing with distractions.  We feel mentally, spiritually, and emotionally cluttered.  Living in our heads is heavy, burdensome, and tiring.

To live from our hearts, we feel connected to God, to ourselves, and to others.  We feel passion and love.  We enjoy the moment.  We’re serene and happy.

If we follow our hearts we won't need to follow anyone else's instructions.
 
I guess it boils down to the fact that we all need to follow our hearts but remember to take our brains along.  It's ok to follow our hearts as long as we know where our hearts are headed to.


Before we set our hearts too much on anything, let us examine how happy are those who already possess it.  

Fran├žois Duc de La Rochefoucauld

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya' - ma

6 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

What an excellent reflection! I love the quote in the butterfly graphic. I tend to make decisions from my heart or feelings--so the Myers Briggs test tells me. I know it's always hard for me to make a decision that I think will upset others. I've learned over the years to try (at least as much as I'm able) to really discern an answer to a decision--getting input from others and working it through my own heart as well. At other times, however, I tend to live in my head--playing things over and over like a broken record. That's when I have to say to myself: "Enough! Let it go!" Easier said than done! That's all part of the ongoing conversion, I guess!

Rose said...

My heart usually over rules my head most times. I like to use both.

Huggggggggggggggggs

jack69 said...

I think my heart does it, although my head many times says 'this is not the way to do it."

Enjoyed this again lady!
Supposed to be nice here, well maybe nice and hot.LOL

That corgi :) said...

I like that line, Ma, to follow our hearts but take our brains along. That is very wise and so true. I know it helps me to write out pros and cons about things in making a decision and to give it a few days especially if it is a big one to make!

Hope Wednesday was Wonderful indeed!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

You know for me sometimes I just don't know which I should do. do you ever get like that? sandie

Kath said...

I like the saying.To follow our hearts,but take our brains along Ma.The actual saying goes though."Never let your heart rule your head".I feel many people do this,including me.Have a great Thursday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx