It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 26, Book 12




What is wrong with this sentence?


Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see

Martin Luther King, Jr




are the long lines all parallel ?


TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY/ SIGHT AND SEEING

The lamp of the body is the eye. If your eye is sound, your whole body will be filled with light; but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be in darkness.

Matthew 6:22-23

Today we are a people whose eyes are constantly bombarded with images from television, the Internet, billboards, and movies. Because we are subjected to so much visual clut­ter and temptation, we need to be doubly alert to the effect that these images have on our hearts.

A 2010 survey showed that on average, Americans spent 2.7 hours a day watching television, and a 2011 survey showed that Americans spent an average of thirty hours online a month. That’s a lot of time! 



What do you see?


Many times these outside factors push against us, but we can get beyond them if we are willing.  If we are willing we can bring our vision to new heights.  

The next time you read a newspaper, open Facebook, watch the news, click on a tweet or ask for advice, try paying attention to what gets your attention.
It is probably either something novel, pleasureable or to do with your survival.

Once Upon a Time
There was once a man who was being chased by a ferocious tiger across a field.
At the edge of the field there was a cliff.
In order to escape the jaws of the tiger, the man caught hold of a vine and swung himself over the edge of the cliff.
Dangling down, he saw, to his dismay, there were more tigers on the ground below him! And, furthermore, two little mice were gnawing on the vine to which he clung. He knew that at any moment he would fall to certain death.
That’s when he noticed a wild strawberry growing on the cliff wall. Clutching the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other and put it in his mouth.
He never before realized how sweet a strawberry could taste.
We only will ever see a fraction of what is actually available to us.  Some see more and some see less.

That is my two for this Tuesday.  We may have our sight, but really seeing is another thing all together. 

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone.  

'On Ya' -ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like your point, Ma, to really see what we are seeing. I know sometimes I can get so busy that I do forget this. Great advice!! LOL with 30 hours a month online. I think I spend 30 hours a week online :) (way too much time, I think :)

have a great day!

betty

Kath said...

I watch very litttle TV Ma,I also do not spend much time online.Very good points you have written today.I hope you are well.Sorry for the absence once again.I am up and down like a yo-yo with my health from day to day.Yet still I see good things in that.I see I must need all this rest and that the Good Lord keeps on giving me another day,to see all the lovely things around us,for which I am most grateful.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Love this one. Some of the pictures I have used in my chalk presentations. Love the sax player and the beautiful lady.

Very good read.
Love from North Carolina, we had a beautiful day today!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I think you have something here - sometimes we look so fast at something - we don't see the real deal. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

We see but we really don't, do we? Love the stories. We all need to get our eyes checked. take care.