It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 2, Book 12




Where there is faith, there is love;

Where there is love, there is peace;

Where there is peace, there is God;

And where there is God; there is no need.

Leo Tolstoy


SUPER SATURDAY

I read a delightful old story about a man walking down the street and saw his friend crawling around on his hands and knees looking for something.  He asked his friend what he was looking for and the friend said that he was looking for his key.  The man got down and helped his friend look for it.  After a long time of searching, he asked his friend where he was standing when he lost the key.  The friend replied, Oh, I lost it in my house.  Outraged by this the man asks why they are looking on the street then.  His friend said, because there is more light here.

Stange as it may seem that is the way a lot of people tend to think,  We often look everywhere for answers to our problems where we think the light might be better.  But the truth is that the answers are really on the inside of us, if we take the time to look.

When people say God doesn't shut the door without opening a window, I think they mean you have to have faith and trust in yourself before you can see what God has in the works for you.  

Looking through the eyes of faith, life's never in vain.

When I am sincere, there's nothing to hide.  I am just me.  It's a thing I can't fake.  And if I'm the best me that I can be, then what can I be that is any better.  Today I can be me.  It'll be a SUPER Saturday here at my house.  


I do hope your day is a SUPER one too!  Just make sure to look in the right place.

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Again, your hammer hit the nail on the head. Thanks. Gotta go back and copy some good stuff to drop in the mail. Your Blog sometimes hits Snail mail, but you always get credit!!

Love from here....

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

MA I can't tell you how much I enjoy your daily encouragement. You always know exactly what to say!

Buttercup said...

It's a super Saturday in New York, too. Breakfast with my Goddaughter -- what a treat! -- an iced coffee, the newspaper and time to spend with my blog buddies. I'm a lucky gal. Hugs and wishes for a great weekend.

Jenny said...

Hi Ma, i hadn't realised how long it had been since i lasted posted, it was knowing Barbara was putting the photo on that made me look and think i had better do something. Hope you are well.
Jenny xx

That corgi :) said...

Interesting with the man looking for his key out in the light instead of where he last saw it; there is lots of wisdom in what you said, Ma; we need to take the time to look inside of us instead of looking elsewhere. I think that is why there is so much problems with people wanting more and more with possessions, money, etc., we feel discontent but we don't know why and we think that new purse, sweater, etc will bring us happiness and it does for a bit until we start feeling discontent again; we need to keep searching within ourselves and seeking what really matters and that of course is a relationship with God and trusting he will give us the content we need in his gorgeous light :)

enjoy the rest of your day!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I think this is a good one. You are right - try a little more each day to be better than the day before.

And I think we do try to change others - and there is no way to change others - been there and done that - but the only person you can change for sure is yourself.

Love, sandaie

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE, absolutely LOVE these signs and their sentiments. especially the last one. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer. hope you had a lovely day. take care.