It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 19, Book 12



One Day at a Time
I'm only human - I'm just a man
Help me to believe in all I could be
And all that I am
Show me the stairway I have to climb
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time
One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you
Just give me the strength to do everyday
What you'd have me do
Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time
Do you remember when you walked among men
Well  Jesus you know, looking below
It's worse now than then
Pushing and shoving, crowding my mind
So for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time


TERRIFIC 2'S Tuesday!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6: 34

In my younger years, I thought I could do anything and had complete control of everything.  As I progresed through life I had a wonderful husband and a fantastic large family.  Life was good.  After 27 years of marriage my husband suffered a massive heart attack that left me a widow with 5 of my 7 children still at home.  It was at that point in my life that I discovered that the best way to live was to take life one day at a time.


My philosophy is to take one day at a time. I don't worry about the future. Tomorrow is even out of sight for me.

Bobby Darin


After taking the days as they come, one day at a time, for almost 20 years now, I've found that life is still good. In my opinion peace of mind is the most beneficial gift that we can allow ourselves.

For me living life in the present moment is part of living life to the fullest.

That is my two for this Tuesday:  don't worry and taking one day at a time

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You know - I find when people suffer a huge loss - that one of two things happen - they become bitter or better. You got better. And better means stronger. And taking one day at a time is a strength - I think.

Love, sandie

jack69 said...

Absolutely, One Day At A Time. Now IF I can just remember that for a FULL day, that is a big thing for most of us, we like to borrow from tomorrow too often.
Thanks for a Good reminder!!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Tomorrow is in God's hands...
Great post..!!

That corgi :) said...

That is such great advice, Ma, to take one day at a time. I know you definitely had to adopt that attitude when you were left a widow with kids still at home. Our pastor talked about the scripture you quoted today from Matthew; he said Jesus is definitely commanding us "do not worry" so we need to obey that and not worry; harder to do it seems, but it is true we can't add any time to our life if we worry. Thanks for the timely reminder to not worry :)

Enjoy your Tuesday!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You overcame enormous odds after your husband passed, trying to keep home and family together. Raising 5 children on your own is no small task. Your advice is sound. Live in the moment, never know what is around the next bend. Hope you get up to the camper soon. TAKE CARE.