It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 16, Book 12



Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap.

Luke 6:38

SUPER Saturday!

Because I've been abundantly blessed, giving generously is very easy for me to do.  I am generous with my smile, generous with my friendship, generous with my understanding. I give of my time, material resources, talents and skills, and I am blessed in return.

The world often seems uninterested in things that are whole, families that are peaceful, societies that progress together. Dissension and fighting get a lot more attention.  And when something really matters to me, I don’t hold back. I speak up. I’m going to say what I believe no matter what someone else thinks.

Knowing yourself sounds so…well…selfish. But it’s a big piece of getting life right.  When you know who you are, what you value, and what makes your heart sing, you spend a whole lot less time and money on things that don’t.

Nothing makes me happier than giving things away.  I've way too much stuff at my house anyway!  Accumulating more stuff is not on my list of things to do at all anymore.

Have you ever thought about what you have an abundance of?  I can tell you on the surface I have an abundance of clothing, nick-nacs,  and art supplies ... just to name a few.  I am not so sure I have an abundance of monetary wealth.....actually I know I don't.  

We need to start digging  and find the abundance within......I can guarantee it's not hanging on hangers in your closet.  I do believe that what we have should be shared with others.  

Today I'm handing out free SMILES.

I have lots of hugs too, for those who might just need one!

Hope your Saturday is a SUPER one!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Thanks for starting off my Saturday with a beautiful smile. It is contagious, I am smiling back.

I love your attitude of giving, not only financially bu of yourself. We too have been blessed beyond measure. I will also give some smiles today, FREE!
Love you and always enjoy the good read here at Ma's.

That corgi :) said...

I so agree with everything you said here today, Ma. I am so blessed too. I definitely try to give and be as generous as I can; I often pray for the people who go to our church to be generous in their time, talents and finances to further God's kingdom. I think when we give, we are blessed and our needs are always met :)

sending a smile and hug back your way!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with your post. I try to be kind. I do slip up once in awhile. But kindness is free and thee should be no reason others can't give it either. love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

There was a book called Simple Abundance. Never read it, maybe I should. Thank you for those smiles and hugs. I NEED them. Have not been commenting or visiting blogs much because I have been in hospital having tests. On top of the things wrong with me and my daughter, they have discovered I am probably diabetic too. So my life is in a bit of turmoil right now. You take care. Hope you got some camping time in. take care.

JeanJournal said...

Had some SON time today ~ Stevie came and cut the grass ~ cut my toenails ~ brought me a plate from a Mexican restaurant ~ I gave him Moonpies from SAMS ~ AND A fATHER'S DAY GIFT ~ SAYING because I think You are sooo good to all those kids & grankids ~ 2 from first marrriage, plus C'S lil boy, Stacey's 4 and Griffin's lil boy(ALL who know Stevie instantly LOVE him ~ He's pure kindness and unselfish, loves the Lord, has had much sadness but keeps on helping all whom he can...I'm SO proud of him! NO children from him is a sadness to me ~ but GOD knows all about it and WILL BLESS HIM! ABOVE & BEYOND what I can dream for him!(THE GOOD SON ~ And "the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord~~~are my thoughts about him!~Ginger adores him(and he is a treasure to her and to me, and Diane & Kathy~~~~~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)