It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 15, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 15, Book 12



So stop waiting until you finish school,
until you go back to school,
until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds,
until you have kids, until your kids leave the house,
until you start work, until you retire,
until you get married, until you get divorced,
until Friday night, until Sunday morning,
until you get a new car or home,
until your car or home is paid off,until spring, 
until summer, until fall, until winter,
until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on
until you've had a drink, until you've sobered up,
until you die, until you are born again
to decide that there is no better time
than right now to be happy.

Author Unknown


FANTASTIC Friday!

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. 

Song of Songs 2:12 

Finally summer is here.  It's a time to enjoy the beautiful weather and start to live life a little slower.  Spring kept us busy but now we can slow down and relax a bit.  

There will be a lot to see and do but hopefully the days will be filled with some vacation time, backyard cookouts and picnics too.

I had a lovely few days here with some of my family this week.  the weather has been beautiful.  This weekend will be more happy times with family too.  I haven't spent such busy days in a long while for sure.  Today I get a little breather in between visits.  Tomorrow we'll meet up again.

Hope your Friday is a FANTASTIC one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

peggy said...

You have lots of visitors like I do so I know what a breather is! Our summer is going to be a good one!

That corgi :) said...

I love that poem, Ma; I'm going to print it out! Good reminders for us all! Cute picture with the two little boys; I'm assuming they are two of your grands you have had the privilege of spending time with this week! Sounds like it was a great week and also sounds like more fun awaits on the weekend, enjoy it all!

betty

grammy said...

Sounds like you have lots of wonderful stuff planned....family is always the best!!! Well I DO enjoy getting together with friends too (o:

JeanJournal said...

I like ~~ that UNTIL poem ~ Each one in your family is SO beautiful! ~ YOU! ESPECIALLY ~ Also dear Ma ~ your WRITINGS are 'BEAUTUFUL' ~ full of loving kindness, and 'WISDOM' ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

jack69 said...

I love that 'Stop waiting until....' prose.
Good read and encouragement as usual.
Thanks for inviting me in.!

Chatty Crone said...

I loved that poem too and will be copying!!! love it. Have fun with your guests. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

That poem is motivating, for sure. With everything going on in my life and my daughter's, I need to take it to heart. Hope your breather was nice. take care.