It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 14, Book 12




What greater blessing to give thanks for at a family gathering than the family and the gathering.  

Robert Brault


THANKFUL Thursday!

You've heard me say it many times, but I am truly thankful for my family.

This week I'm blessed by a visit from DS#4 and his family.  I'm so thankful they could make it home.  I've not seen them since May of last year.

The past weekend I was able to spend time with DS#1 and his family and DD and her family.  I finally made it to the camper for 4 wonderful days.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect either and that was something to be thankful for.  When you are in a place that you spend most of the time outdoors, weather is very important.

We have had many happy occasions to gather as a family this year and celebrate.  Thankfully they were all happy times and for that I am thankful.  Having happy times to celebrate help to make the hard times not quite so hard.  Together as a family we've had to go through some very tough times.  I'm thankful too, that although I live a lone I always have their love and support.

I'm thankful that my daughter and her new baby are doing wonderfully.  DD's hubby has embraced becoming a dad and is changing diapers like a champ!

I've been so blessed to be a mom and my family keeps me going time and time again through the good times and the bad.

In our life, we sometimes spend too much time complaining about the things we do not like or have.  Today and every day we need to take time to be thankful for the blessings we do have

I am a thankful person and my blessings are many.  I can only hope that your Thursday is one you can be thankful for too!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Love the picture of your family, Ma! So many happy smiles and blessings! Glad all is going well with DD and baby and hubby is doing great with diaper changes!! Lots of great blessings indeed!! Glad also you got some days at the camper too; I know you enjoyed that time and visit with your DS#4 and family :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You all look so happy. I am GLAD you have had this family time. Vists from loved ones are always appreciated. What wonderful memories you've made being together. ENJOY getting away to that camper too. I've spent the last couple days being poked and prodded getting tests at the hospital. But I did manage to have lunch with my daughter yesterday and it was wonderful. Take care.

JeanJournal said...

Family times are ALWAYS SPECIAL and I'm thankful for my family too ~ i get to see the 2 daughters and my son pretty often but not as much as i would like to see them. I'm enjoying EVERYTHING! ~ GOD GIVES US 'CHOICES'! ~ And am pretty particular about how I SPEND EVERY 'MOMENT' OF EACH DAY ~ I LOVE THE HYMN ~~EACH MOMENT OF TIME HERE ON EARTH IS PRECIOUS TO ME ~ especially the line that says ~ My Lord (keeps a record) of the moments I'm living down here ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun ~(Imogene(Jean) Owita Nabors Lewis)

Chatty Crone said...

I love the picture of you and your family - very nice. sandie