It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 11, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 11, Book 12



There is a little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference.  The little difference is attitude, the big difference is where it is positive or negative.


MERRY Monday / Starting the week right

If you have a positive attitude, you can't go wrong.  Tell your self that you are going to have a good day!

We might have what feels like a million and one tasks ahad of us this week, but life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it.  Chose to react positively, especially when it is hard.

Starting my day with a positive quote is just one of the ways I like to start the day.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  It's our inner strength with keeps us right when life gets tough.  And for many of us Mondays are tough to take.  Even in my retirement there are Mondays like that in my life.  When life gets tough the tough get going they say.

No matter what we are going to try to accomplish this week, it is easier if we start with breaking down the tasks ahead in to manageable pieces and and do them one by one, accomplishing what is right in front of us at the moment.  Substitute positive thoughts instead of negative ones about what might yet remain to get done.  Taking things one day at a time is the best way I know how to live and accomplish what I want to do.

Today is what we have, right now and the moment is ours to do with as we choose.

I chose to have a MERRY Monday!  Hope yours is a happy one too!

God is with us.  Things are going to be all right.

'On Ya' - ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I choose to come here first thing, twas a good choice! Thanks.

Love from here. A Little rain but I have some inside things to do!! I am positive of that!!! LOL

Have a great week.

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE that EMERSON quote. we must make the most of each day. I hear you have some company visiting this week. ENJOY every moment. Take care.

Kath said...

I hope to have a Merry Monday too Ma,now I feel much better.Even though it is a very dark dull day outside,I have bright thoughts in my head.Planting another couple of new flower tubs up is one of them.Positive we will soon get some sunshine to open the flowers.Have a great day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I like the thought to begin the day telling myself it is going to be a good day! I do believe today will be a very good one! I know it will be one for you too!

betty

Buttercup said...

I choose a relaxed day for today and I got my choice. I'm crossing a few errands off my list and taking it easy. We've got sunny weather and I enjoyed sitting outside for awhile this afternoon with my iced coffee.

Chatty Crone said...

I find joy here and positiveness. Life is (a) present. sandie