It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 10, Book 12




Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths. 

 Etty Hillesum

R and R Sunday!

One of the daily meditations I read opens by saying pause for a few moments and allow yourself to grow still.  Let go of any distracting thoughts. Take several slow, deep breaths. 

And I always take the time to do just that.  I can't tell you what a difference it makes.  I feel very free and peaceful.

If you don’t do daily meditation, let me encourage you right now, today, to change that. Whatever form of meditation you pursue, I encourage you to give it  time each day, and time to work. Just sit! 

Meditation is also completely FREE! It requires no special equipment, and is not complicated to learn. It can be practiced anywhere, at any given moment, and it is not time consuming. Best of all, meditation has NO negative side effects. Bottom line, there is nothing but positive to be gained from it!

Take some time to breathe deeply today


Periods of wholesome laziness,  after days of energetic  effort, will wonderfully toneup the mind and body.

Greenville Kleiser


The hustle and bustle of every day life can fill our minds with chatter and create nervous energy. Daily meditation helps that chatter melt away.  In its place come feelings of peace, calm and a sense of awareness.

Plain and simple, you’ll feel great. Meditation increases serotonin, your happy hormones. This means a better mood and a boost for those dealing with problems associated with low serotonin, like headaches, depression, or even obesity.

It's Sunday and that means it can be the perfect time to do some deep breathing.  

When life gets hectic, I may feel pressured to move quickly. However, I have another choice. That choice is to breathe. It only takes a few seconds, yet it makes a world of difference.

I hope your day is filled with plenty of that good Rest and Relaxation that we all need.  You all are always in my thoughts and prayers

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I'll have to try this, Ma, but I can see how it would be beneficial just to take a few minutes like this to breathe and be still and meditate; one thing to meditate on would be Psalm 46:10 Be still and know I am God :)

have an enjoyable Sunday!

betty

jack69 said...

I do not 'meditate' on a regular basis, I do renew myself though when I do.
It would be a great habit, or routine to get into, I will try, now, to improve that, and try to make it a routine.

Always enjoy stopping by. You usually make me think. (maybe your blog is my meditation!!!) LOL

Sybil said...

Thank you Ma for that wonderful wise suggestion. I often take time to meditate at any time whenever I feel life is going just too fast...It does wonders..
Hope you have a lovely week ahead with many peaceful moments
xx

JeanJournal said...

I agree with Jack69 (I think your daily blog may be my 'meditation, also ~) I make a point to walk around in the yard softly singing a hymn to the Lord...several times a day...and sit outside in my mother's rocking chair from long ago...watching sunrises, sunsets, or clouds floating across the blue sky...aah we have our 'ways' of winding down a bit throughout the day. GOOD thoughts today, Ma...Jean( Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun ~ CELEBRATE EVERYTHING! is my 'main' thing (S) now a days~~~Philippians 4:8 KJV is helpful to meditate on~~~~

TARYTERRE said...

YOU ARE SO-OO right ABOUT THIS, MA. To clear your head, just drain your brain. Leave all that negativity behind. Take care.