It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 01, 2012

Chapter 6, Page 1, Book 12


If it is peace you want, seek to change yourself, not other people. 
It is easier to protect your feet with slippers than to carpet the whole of the earth.

Anthony de Mello




FANTASTIC Friday!

Needless to say with a family the size of mine there were and still are many times that a little peace and quiet is hard to find.  Not so much the quiet as most of the time here at my house anymore it is way too quiet.  But with all that goes on, peace is sometimes difficult to find.  With having so many people that I care deeply about in my life, of course they all have problems of one sort or another too.  

The best way to find that peace, at least for me, is to turn it all over to the dear Lord in prayer.  I've come to know that most of the time there is not much at all I can do, and besides, He can do a much better job than I can anyway.

I've got to say that they are all very independent and are good at taking care of their own lives.   They don't often bring their problems to me.  They know though that I'm always ready and willing to pray and they do ask for prayers when needed.

Life for me is pretty simple and maybe that is another good way to have peace and be peaceful. Being content with who you are and what you have and do is fantastic.  I learned a long time ago that you can not change others.  They are what they are and nothing I can do will change that.




Just about every day that I'm home and the sun is shining you'll find me with a good book in my rocking chair here on the back patio.  

It's just one of my peaceful places.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Jean said...

What a beautiful place to relax and read.Your flowers are so pretty. Take care. Jean

That corgi :) said...

I like your place to sit and read, Ma! Very nice!! I have to agree with you about peace, we can't change others, only ourselves and our reactions to things. And the best peace comes from turning everything over to Jesus and letting him work in his perfect timing and way.

may the weekend be a great one!

betty

jack69 said...

Like the entry and 'your way'. You always find just the right thing to say, as in:
I learned a long time ago that you can not change others. They are what they are and nothing I can do will change that.
end.....

Now, I too have learned that, I thought! LOL. BUT WHY DO I FORGET???

Love from here, have a fantastic weekend!!!

Chatty Crone said...

So do you live alone or are there people with you? I too look for peace - but I always have someone here. I find that hard.

And I learned after trying for years - I can't change anyone but myself.

Love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

What a peaceful place, indeed. The serenity of your patio must make each moment spent there, reflective. Reading always has a calming effect too. And your bird bath is delightful. I am glad you revel in these simple pleasures. You are right you can't change people, but you can change your reaction to them. ENJOY your weekend. take care.