It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chapter 5,Page 23, Book 12




If anything is sacred, the human body is sacred. 

Walt Whitman


Wonderful Wednesday / wonderful life!

And Whitman didn't know the half of it either.  The human body is made up of about 100 trillion cells and produces more than 1.5 million new blood cells ever second.

That is what I would call WONDERFUL for sure!

In an average lifetime, your brain can store up to 100 million bits of information.

The human body is a living miracle!


Where there is great love there are always miracles
Willa Cather

The age of miracles is forever here. 
Thomas Carlyle

Just a few thoughts on miracles today.  All life is a miracle and when we think about it.  We are all miracles.


I'll end with another Whitman quote today.

And as to me, I know nothing else but miracles. 

I hope your Wednesday is a WONDERFUL one!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

You know as I age I know I have stored a lot of info, but my recaller has taken a break.

There is something good about realizing or trying to fathom, the human body and mind, definitely a miracle.

That corgi :) said...

It is so amazing how God put together our bodies. As I'm typing medical reports, I think wow amazing this is there and this works like that, etc., truly a wonderful creation we are! And definitely a miracle indeed!!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

The human body is a miracle, tis true. Mine at the moment is undergoing a major overhaul due to illness and injury. I hope it's on the mend soon. But unfortunately today I woke up sicker than yesterday. But I'm keeping the faith. take care.

Kath said...

I agree Ma we are all miracles and I do believe miracles realy happen too.I hope yours is a wonderful Wednesday Ma,and your Daughter is well,lets hope your little miracle is soon here.Take Care God Bless xx

JeanJournal said...

I know nothing else but MIRACLES also, Ma! (((( I AM A PROMISE ~ I AM A POSSIBILITY ~ I AM A PROMISE ~ WITH A CAPITAl P ~ I AM A PROMISE ~ I AM A POSSIBILITY ~ I AM A BUNDLE OF POTENTIALITY))) Today's thoughts are AWESOME! and makes me 'high' (you're also AWESOME!!! Thank you dear Ma(please don't ever change) ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

Chatty Crone said...

What is even more of a miracle - God knows the exact number of hairs on our head - how can people not believe in miracles? Sandie

Buttercup said...

What a perfect post for my thoughts on health and wellness these days. So appreciate your stopping by Buttercup's. Take good care and have a terrific Thursday.