It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 9, Book 12




The purpose of life is to listen to yourself, to your neighbor to your world
and to God and, when the time comes, to respond in as helpful a way as 
you can find...from within and without

Fred McFeely Rogers, 1928 - 2003
Also know as Mr. Rogers

WONDERFUL Wednesday/ Wonderful life!

We all need a purpose to our days and there have been many days I've wondered just what my purpose is.

I was taught, like many others, that the purpose of my life is to love God, and to love others.  That was a lesson I learned early in life and will never forget.

Mr. Rogers was a program on TV that my children watched when they were young.  Mr. Rogers neighborhood was a place where they could and did learn a lot of different things.  It wasn't till they were grown that I discovered, he had a lot of good things to say to us adults too.

Everybody longs to be loved, he said.  And the greatest thing we can do is let somebody know that they are loved and capable of loving. 

You don't set out to be rich or famous. What you set out to do is to be helpful,  Rogers reflected. If the other comes along with it, that's OK. But that's not what you set out to be.

I could probably go on and on with quotes from this wonderful man.  I try to take good advice when it is given and this man had a whole lot of good to give.

Today maybe we could all share our love with those around us and make it a WONDERFUL Wednesday for others as well as ourselves.

It's a wonderful Wednesday here in my neighborhood!

'On Ya'-ma

9 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Another great post...
Hugs & Love....Linda

ps...wasn't my rainbow beautiful!!??

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Great reflection--thank you for helping my day get off to a good start!

Kath said...

Faith Hope and LOVE but the greatest of all is LOVE Ma.What a wonderful feeling to be loved.Plus to be kind to someone costs nothing.I try my best.Love you Ma.Have a wonderful Wednesday.I hope the sun shines on you today,and many people would do good to practice the words of Mr Robinson xx Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Kath said...

Sorry Mr Rogers xx

That corgi :) said...

Mr. Rogers was such a gifted man in making everyone who watched his show feel special and loved. I always walked away when watching it with the kids with several good lessons learned :)

I do agree with what our purpose in life is, Ma. To love God and to love others and to make God known to all we can :)

may your Wednesday be great!

betty

peggy said...

I never get tired of hearing about Fred Rogers. I miss his shows altho now and again I will find one, with or without children being here. I've been working in the garden, want to get it done so I will have something to blog about.

TARYTERRE said...

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. My husband and I once had ocassion to see him in person. My children adored Mr. Rogers. He had great wisdom indeed.

jack69 said...

A wonderful day in the neighborhood. His program was so laid back, never hurried. Now kids entertainment is wild and fast moving. Not sure if that is good or bad, but I like to be around kids who are not hyper all the time.


anyway to the post. It is always great to stop by and read encouragement. many times your blog is forwarded.
Love from here!!!! And we have RAIN we have needed it.

JeanJournal said...

I love Mister Rogers program...Good thoughts from him ALWAYS ~ And good thoughts from you ALWAYS Ma ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun~~~~~IF YOU'VE GOT AN HOUR NOW'S THE TIME TO SHARE IT~~IF YOU'VE GOT A FLOWER WEAR IT~~THIS IS JUST THE DAY
IF YOU'VE GOT A PLAN NOW'S THE TIME TO TRY IT~~IF YOU'VE GOT AN AIRPLANE FLY IT~~THIS IS JUST THE DAY
IF YOU'VE GOT A SMILE NOW'S THE TIME TO SHOW IT~~IF YOU'VE GOT A HORN BLOW IT~~THIS IS JUST THE DAY

IT'S THE DAY FOR SEEING ALL THERE IS TO SEE~~IT'S THE DAY FOR 'BEING' JUST YOU, JUST ME