It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 8, Book 12




I am only one but I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. What I can do, I should do and with the help of God, I will do.

from a prayer card


TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday / Doing what we can and praying

We may feel we are just an ordinary one, but in God's eyes we are an extraordinary special one. It is good to know that we cannot do everything. There are some who think they can and they mistakenly believe that everything will grind to a halt without their efforts. It rarely does and the show does and will go on. But the something we can do well no matter how small is of huge value and will always make a difference. 

So rather than not do it or leave it to someone else, it is always worth the effort. So why not ask God for the help to do what we can do best today.

The words above came from one of the devotionals that I read every day.  Another article I read recently said that a survey had been done on some seriously ill patients. From this group several were selected randomly for special treatment. The special treatment was prayer. Selected people around the country were asked to pray for each of these patients. Their conditions were described in detail. The people praying were to focus their prayers toward beneficial healing and quick recovery. The remaining patients were given the usual medical care without prayer.

Ten months later, the results revealed a startling conclusion. The patients who were prayed for experienced markedly fewer incidences of related infections and mortality than did the other patients not prayed for. It's important to note that the patients selected for prayer did not even know they were being prayed for. And the people praying had never met the patients for whom they were asking Divine help. To them they were just names. And yet, their prayers worked!

If prayer can accomplish so much at a distance, what might happen in our lives if we were to pray for those close at hand? 

 When you feel the tension mounting, 
And across the busy day, 
 Only gloom clouds are drifting
 As you start to worry - pray!  

Anonymous


  Every day in some way I am praying.  I hope that the something I can do will be beneficial.  I do know that the power of prayer is a wonderful thing.

Better to do the something I can do than not to have done anything at all.

That's my 2 for this Tuesday!  DO something, pray

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Love your TWO! IF, if, if I can just keep that prayer in mind, life will be easier.

Sherry is doing well, she is a fighter, most women are. Seldom do I meet a woman who isn't TOUGH when things get rough. But to handle the part of life God has assigned, requires EXTRA strength.

Love from down here.

That corgi :) said...

That was an interesting study with the patients, Ma. But I do believe, like you, in the power of prayer! I think it is something that we can't do enough or often enough. It is cool that God hears them and answers them all in his perfect timing and will and way!

betty

Kath said...

Prayer is powerful.What an interesting post Ma,and I was soooo happy to read prayer proved powerful.xx Take Care God Bless,Enjoy your day Ma.xx.

JeanJournal said...

I go around every day a-praying, our pastor said one Sunday morning before he preached ~~ and my thought was ~~So do I dear pastor ~~ When I kneel and pray~~it seems that HEAVEN comes down! and GLORY fills my soul! ~ There's no 'feeling'! like it!~~A lot of times...in the middle of tryig to get the housework done~~I JUST GO SOMEWHERE ALONE AND have a little talk with Jesus! and gain strength to keep pressing on.~~ WHOOO! MA, TODAY'S POST IS SO GOOD! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)~~~"Prayer is the key to the Kingdom ~ but FAITH unlocks the door"~~MAY THE JOY OF THE LORD BE ON YOU(~~all day~every~~day))

Scrappy quilter said...

It's so good to be back, reading your inspirational posts. Loved this one. Hugs

Buttercup said...

I've read a book about this study. I pray for my blog friends when I do a post. Hugs and prayers, my friend!

TARYTERRE said...

PRAYERS give strength and encouragement even when we don't see or hear it. AMAZING power, indeed. Take care. My life here is crazy until the 1st of june.