It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 07, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 12



Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars
Proverbs 9:1

MERRY MONDAY

Yesterday I was at the camper doing my Bible study and thought I'd share that with you all to start the week off here at my house.  I read that verse as directed in my reading plan and wondered just what the pillars were.  I found out, thanks to a search on the internet that the answer was found in Proverbs 8, verses 12 to 14,  that wisdom dwells with or has seven attributes.

I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have understanding and power.

Wisdom, the principal attribute of the Almighty, has seven key aspects, or pillars.
 They are seven ways we can become wiser in the way we deal with things in our lives.
Prudence - Doing the right thing
Knowledge - what's true / right
Discretion - forethought and acting based on conviction and according to truth, to be discreetly different
Counsel - purpose with unity
Sound Judgement - decision making, ability to determine right from wrong
Understanding - applied knowledge
Power - ability or rate of getting things done

Great words to get off to a good start to my way of thinking. I'm sure that somewhere along the Way, I had already learned that bit of info, maybe you already knew it too.  But it seems I always need a refresher course or two.

Hope your week is one built on those pillars of Wisdom.  Surely it can't get much better than that!

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Kath said...

Seems to me Ma,lots of the younger Generation of today would do good to practice a few of these.I never heard of the saying either.Thankyou,We learn something every day.I hope you have a great Monday.Take care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

A very good entry to start a new week with. THANKS. Wisdom, we all need to pay attention!!!!
have a great day, we are a little over cast.
BTW Good to hear 'From the Camper'.

That corgi :) said...

This is a great Bible study, Ma! I think we all could definitely use more wisdom; great pillars too to build it on!

enjoy today :)

betty

JeanJournal said...

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time. ~~ by Sir Richard Cecil ~~ I should practice what I preach, Ma...I go to get a cup of coffee ~ get sidetracked by hearing the dog wanting outside ~ then walk outside about 15 minutes ~ get the dog back in the house ~ feed the dog ~ decide to eat a banana ~ click on the laptop ~ see your post ~ say Aaaah! Thanks Ma ~~THEN I THINK OF MY COFFEE ~ and finally I'm drinking my coffee ~~ I'm pathetic ~ Ugh! oh well! ~ The LORD knows all about it ~~ and so THERE IS HELP for me. and all of us and in His timing...we'll all be the way HE WANTS US TO BE! if that is our desire! This was a lovely post, Ma ~ wondering what you'll share on Tuesday ~ can hardly 'wait' ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

TARYTERRE said...

Words of wisdom for sure. I must use sound judgement and discretion in my life right now. Wish i could share, but can not. TRANSITION going on here and it's stressful. Take care. ENJOY your camper. take solace in your bible.