It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 5, Book 12




No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers. 

Author Unknown

SUPER SATURDAY!


We all have had times when we get caught up in trying to be perfect.   I can remember that even as I child I tried to be perfect and do and say what I was taught.

Now I realize that no one and nothing is perfect here on earth, I say the prayer of serenity and embrace the flaws that make life interesting.

If it weren't for the imperfections we'd all be the same and if everything was the same, we'd no doubt be bored.

Thankfully I've never had a boring day.  I might have good days and bad days but none are dull.  


THE SERENITY PRAYER

Reinhold Niebuhr

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, 
not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life 
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
and wisdom to know the difference.
Amen.
Do what you can, know the difference and have a SUPER Saturday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

So true! If I waited for perfect I'd do nothing and that would be dull. Wishes for a sweet Saturday.

That corgi :) said...

I like that, Ma, good days and bad days, but never a dull one. I can't see you having a dull one; I think you love life so very much and find joy in so many wonderful things for life ever to be dull to you!

Bet you are enjoying your camper!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I have seen you on all the blogs I follow and I love your answers to friends of mine. I love you are debt free. I am your newest follower. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that eraser quote. Made me smile. You're right NOBODY is perfect, for sure. I often have BORING days, I must admit. But I always find something to CHANGE things up and make them interesting. Hope you're having a GREAT time in your special spot in the woods. ENJOY!

Kath said...

I usually shake my feathers being a HEN LOL!!if I feel bored and believe me,I always find something to unbore me.Heeeeee.Sorry I couldn't get by yesterday.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx