It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 31, Book 12




I've learned...
to gather all the crumbs thrown my way.
They soon form a lovely, thick slice
of life and memories

THANKFUL THURSDAY!

I do try to take life one day at a time and enjoy the moments as they come.  Taking one slice at a time and savoring each bite.

There were many crumbs thrown my way this past week that really made for some wonderful memories.

Last Friday I had a wake up call early in the morning and I greeted the day with a new grandson.

Saturday I watched as family continually came by to welcome this new little one into our lives.  Smiles were abundant and joy was evident in each and every face.

Sunday, more of the same and dinner with some other members of my family where we all talked about how it does take a village to raise a child.  Mr. Wonderful sported a new hair cut making him seem older (he won't be 2 until the end of August) and he kept us in awe with his pleases and thank yous.  DS#1 and family made the long trip home to see the new baby too, and we loved having them come.

Monday, Memorial Day, Hot dogs and hamburgs, family and friends welcomed the new little one home.  I watched our little Lucky guy read a bedtime story to his new cousin.  Just precious!

Tuesday, a feeling of quiet and contentment knowing that the new babe and mom were home and that they have a loving daddy to help care for them.

Wednesday, we were blessed with some much cooler weather after having very hot temps.  I was able to work in the yard without being too hot.  I also got to visit with DD, her hubby and the new baby.  They are all doing great!

My goodness what a blessed week it was.  My slice of life was huge and flavorful!


Sometimes you can have your piece of cake and eat it too.  

I am blessed, and I am thankful!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

It sounds like a wonderful week you had, Ma! So many blessings there! Glad to hear DD and family are doing well and everyone that could came to celebrate this new precious arrival to your family!

betty

jack69 said...

Loved 'YOur Slice of LIFE'

Love from here!!!

Pat MacKenzie said...

What a great week. There's nothing like a baby to draw people together with all the love the new little ones bring with them. Someone once asked me how you can divide your portion of love with all the kids and grandkids. My reply was that each one brings their own love with them. Love is infinite. What a wonderful week you had basking in the joy of family.

grammy said...

Sounds like some wonderful family time around there. My youngest Grand just turned 5...I miss babies (o:

TARYTERRE said...

What a glorious week you had. Full of love, joy and family. That tiny newborn brought you all together. You are blessed, for sure. ENJOY and SAVOR every bit of it. Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

Life is a piece of cake - savor every bit of it - I LOVED that. Thanks for reminding me. sandie