It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 30, Book 12



ATTITUDE AND YOUTH 

Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind. It is the freshness of the deeper springs of life. 

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals. Whether 60 or 16, every human being may experience wonder, the undaunted challenge of events, the unfailing, childlike appetite for the future, the joy in living. For you are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your despair. 

As long as your heart receives messages of beauty hope, cheer, courage, and power from God and from your fellow human beings, you are young.



WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY

I've learned that life is tough
but I'm getting tougher

How we respond to our age and, for that matter, how others respond is really up to you. We all age in years, but we don’t have to get an I’m too old mindset.  Remember, confident people are positive and look at what they have, not what they have lost.
Today is a WONDERFUL new day, and I am excited about what just  I might be able to accomplish.  Each day brings new opportunities and a surprise or two.   I've no need to forget yesterday, I'm living in the present and looking at what I've got to work with...

Today, I'll probably doing yard work, but it is supposed to be cooler.  That is a good thing!



I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love the idea you present about people growing old by deserting their ideals. So true. We need to savor each moment. Looking forward to cooler temps, too. ENJOY your day. take care.

jack69 said...

We who have yet to succumb to the 'old mind', wonder just when our friends did. There must be a turning point, I dread the time it comes.
and like the flat tire. I want it changed just as soon as possible when it does happen.
Thanks for the lift today.

That corgi :) said...

I have to agree we need to keep our joy for living and not look at our age as getting old, but still look ahead to how much more we can do while we are here, even though we might have to do it a bit slower :)

Enjoy your day outside! Glad to hear it is cooling down a bit!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

You are young because you believe it. sandie