It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 3, Book 12


To be grateful is to recognize the Love of God in everything He has given us - and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him.
Gratitude therefore takes nothing for granted, is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God. For the grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but by experience. And that is what makes all the difference.

Thomas Merton 



This is our Prince Charming, I was blessed to celebrate with him on his special day not long ago



Thankful Thursday



It was a blessing that DD had a wonderful baby shower and is now pretty well set with whatever a baby might need.


When I stop to count my blessings every day, the world does seem a lot brighter and fuller of good things.  The news we hear daily sometimes makes us wonder, is there anything good left in the world...the answer is yes there is.  Every day brings it's blessings and we only need to stop a moment to think and find that there is really a whole lot of good left in this old world of ours.

I'm blessed with my home, my family, friends and daily needs.  I'm blessed with the gift of sight and feeling.  I'm blessed with more than I can every truly say.

I'm thankful for the sunshine that warms me through and through, I'm thankful for birds singing each morning to welcome a new day.

I'm thankful for new life that surrounds us everywhere in the Spring.


  Here is DD when we were decorating for her shower




This is our Angel who celebrated a birthday this week


If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul 

Harold Kushner


I find that the more I think about those blessings the more I do want to give thanks.  How can I help it when I'm so overwhelmed with the joy of it all.



 Here I am standing behind my daughter and DSIL's mom is right there behind him too!  We are very thankful MaMa's for sure.


 Gratitude is looking on the brighter side of life, even when it means hurting your eyes.

Ellen DeGeneres


There is always a bright side.  The side of life that lifts you up to give thanks.



 DD with her sisters - in - law at her shower last Saturday


She always wanted a sister but got 6 brothers instead.  Now she has all these wonderful SIL's.
5 of these are my DIL's and 2 are DSIL's sisters.  

I hope that this Thursday is one you can be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma

8 comments:

jack69 said...

I love this great personal entry. handsome, your Prince Charming and Beautiful the Angel.
We ALL have a lot to be thankful for this Thankful Thursday.

That corgi :) said...

Loved all the pictures Ma! Your daughter is glowing, so radiant!! Looked like a great shower; they do look ready indeed! Lots of great blessings you have today; so glad you were able to celebrate special times with your grands!!!

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Great Pictures...!!

grammy said...

Love the pics...grandson is so handsome (o:
Looks like the shower was a big success. New babies are always so much fun.

JeanJournal said...

This post is WONDERFUL! ~ I feel like I've been to a 'party' ~~ EVERYONE IS SOOO LOVELY! ~ And,Ma ~~ YOU are beautiful! and indeed BLESSED by your family ~ and vice~versa. Keep on and on ENJOYING YOUR SWEET FAMILY AND ((~LIFE~~!!!~) ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun.))

Martha said...

Awww, wonderful photos Ma! It's so nice to see you and some of your family. Looks like the shower was a huge success and happy birthday to you little angel too! :)

Kath said...

Such a beautiful Family.... yes you are soooooooo blessed Ma.....All beautiful smiling faces.It's a pleasure to read your blog Ma.You did a great job as a Mother and heres the proof.So happy you all enjoyed the various celebrations.Your Daughter is soooooooo pretty and looks realy well,I am pleased to see.I always wanted a Brother and I have 3 sisters, so I have an idea how she felt.Have a wonderful Friday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

So BEAUTIFUL these family photos. You have a WONDERFUL family. Your daughter is beaming. Won't be long now. Glad the shower came together so well. Prince Charming is quite handsome. And your sweet ANGEL very pretty. I'm glad you got to enjoy each other's company for this special memory. Take care.PS) I am behind in my commenting. And will be for a while. Things happening here I can't discuss online. but just know I'm thinking about you, even if I don't show up here commenting.