It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 29, Book 12




Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Benjamin Franklin 




TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY/ WORDS AND TIMING

I've learned ....
that I always think of the right thing
to say when it's too late.

Isn’t it wonderful to be able to say the right thing at the right time?  Most of us wish we could have said the appropriate thing when confronted with situations that caught us off guard.



A man finds joy in giving an apt reply-- and how good is a timely word!
Proverbs 15:23

I greatly admire those that can always say the right word at the right moment.  And it's great fun to hear someone answer back with a good quip when they've been insulted.  I can never seem to come up with an quick enough answer at times like that.

Some people just always seem to be able to always say the right thing no matter what the occasion might be.  

I've heard it called the art of conversation and even diplomacy.  What ever name you give it, I sure do wish I had it.  My grandmother used to say that if you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all.  

I've found that there is always a right time to say thanks and there is much to be said for kindness too.  As long as our words are heart felt I think it is always ok to say, I'm praying for you or that I believe in you.

To tell some one that YOU can do it, or to say you MAKE a difference,  is always a positive and encouraging thing to say.

No matter how hard we try through we don't always get the words right.  But I think it is important to carefully consider what we say and to keep on trying to get it right.  After all, we are all human and not perfect at all, but in our own unique ways we can let people know we care a lot and want only the best for them




I hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday, you do mean a lot to me.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

How right you are. That is a problem for all of us here. I think we tend to blurt out what we think right away when time to think would be the right thing to do first. sandie

That corgi :) said...

Totally agree with your thoughts, Ma! We do need to keep practicing to say the right things and to stop and pause and think before we start speaking, especially when discussing things that could be sensitive issues to others.

Have a good day! Hope your DD and baby and DIL are doing well!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You hit the nail on the head with this one, MA. I tend to blurt out things and I realize after the fact, I probably should have kept it to myself. Or after a conversation I think of all the things I should have said, instead. Your grandmother was right. take care.

Kath said...

I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO COME ONLINE SINCE FRIDAY MA.I AM SO HAPPY TO READ YOUR OLDER POSTS AND FIND YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL NEW GRANDSON."CONGRATULATIONS" TO PROUD MUM AND DAD.HE IS ADORABLE.WHAT A FABULOUS PICTURE OF HIM.I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND CONGRATULATIONS TO YOURSELF TOO.HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY MA .TAKE CARE GOD BLESS KATH.
(WHOOPS SORRY ABOUT THE BLOCKS).XX