It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 27, Book 12




Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Proverbs 4:23


R AND R SUNDAY

Your heart refers to your mind, your attitudes, your opinions , and your motivations.  That would include every thing and everyone that influences your heart and mind.  Guard it well because it is the wellspring of life.  The source and supply of everything that happens in life.  Guard it well.

Guarding our hearts, the wellspring of our lives is definitely a challenge that we should all take up every day.

  When I hear those words, I automatically liken it to protecting the one thing that has the capability to control so many parts of me.  The heart is the muscle that is responsible for sending blood around your body and the blood provides all the nutrients and oxygen that you need to live.  The heart has dual functions.  The left side of your heart is responsible for receiving blood from your lungs and pumps it out to the body.  The right side receives blood from the body and pumps it to the lungs.  You cannot live without a heart.  It is the core of physical life.

The heart is also the place where your emotions live.  Although it is your thoughts that control your emotions, it is your emotions that control how you feel, which affects the heart. The HEART is the center of our being.

As busy people who juggle a lot we often don’t have time to contemplate what is going on within us.  We need to pay attention to what is causing us to feel anxious in our thoughts. What brought that tension to our shoulders?  We need to pay attention to what brought any anxieties into our souls.

How we behave or act in any situation – who we think we are – is controlled first by our heart. Our thoughts and attitude come from the heart, and not our intellect.

Faith, loyalty, commitment, integrity, wisdom, devotion, hard-work, understanding, beliefs, madness, evil, … all this is first determined in the heart, before the intellect. So many of our own maladies could be healed or corrected if we only took the time to discover something about our hearts, and preventatively guard them.

We learn to filter some of what influences our heart. We can accept love and give human definitions to how we feel it. Likewise we experience hatred or anger, and choose whether or not to take them to heart

Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart. Unknown


This Sunday as always is my day to rest and relax.  I'm going to be off to church a little earlier than usual today and then will stop by the hospital to visit with my daughter, her hubby and the baby.   Hopefully they were all able to get some rest last night.  They had little sleep at all the night before as DD was hit by a bad bout of nausea, but was feeling much better yesterday. 





You are all in my thoughts and prayers!  I hope today is a restful one for you.


'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

You're poor daughter; glad to hear she is feeling a bit better from the nausea. I bet she'll be anxious to get discharged from the hospital to get some rest at home!! So true about our heart; we do need to guard both the physical of it, taking care of our health the best we can, as well as our emotional, spiritual and mental heart. I think that's why there are so many reminders of that in the Bible!

enjoy the day!

betty

jack69 said...

I Love the entry, but most of all when you post a neat picture. The Heart (patched) just hit me. I love it. THANKS!!

Beautiful day here and of course the park is FULL and running over!!!

Martha said...

Hi Ma! It's so good to make it here to see R&R Sunday is still alive and well, and to catch up on posts I've missed too - congrats on the birth of your newest grandson! Sure hope your daughter is feeling better this evening. Enjoy that bundle of joy and the rest of the weekend :)

Buttercup said...

I hope DD is feeling much better and that you had a wonderful visit. I had a wonderful weekend and will be posting tomorrow about an experience of the heart.

JeanJournal said...

Would really love to be in the SMOKIES ~ envy Jack & Sherry ~ We used to go there A LOT...I GET A 'SPECIAL' FEELiNG in Gatlinburg and in ROME GEORGIA! ~ THEN WAS THEN AND NOW IS NOW (We learn that 'memories' often are sufficient as we lose friends and spouse...and go on BEING HAPPY ANYWAY! ~ I don't want to waste a day in these last years. Keep on enjoying the baby, Ma, AND YOU SURELY WILL!! for I know YOU ARE BLESSED! BY your children! as I am! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun(was able to go to church today ~ feeling much better.)

TARYTERRE said...

I hope all is well with your daughter and her new little one. Such joy can be overwhelming, at times, I know. take care.PS) I had 102 temp for four days last week. Was sicker than sick. Also had a hurt back. ENDED up in the hospital. They thought I had pneumonia. ENDED up worse than that. I have some SERIOUS health problems involving my kidneys, blood sugar and lungs. Here I've been dealing with my daughter's problems and I'm sick myself. who knew. You are so right about guarding your health.