It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 26, Book 12


I've learned...

that having a child fall asleep in your
arms is one of he most peaceful
feelings in the world


SUPER SATURDAY!

We all know the words associated with getting older. We could list them off without even giving it a thought. Some are great words. They are words like grandchildren or  retirement. Some are not so wonderful. 

Some people believe that words can't hurt, but for me they do.

There are some things I wished I'd known sooner in life.  One of them is knowing that we don't have to do anything...it is always our choice.

The older I get I care less and less of what people think about me and more about enjoying life.

When you retire, make sure you have something to retire for and not from.

In life, nothing is certain and nothing is perfect. Just rise above the challenge.

I've been a mom for many years now and I've also been a grand'ma' for at almost half of those years.  One of my son's surprised us and married very young and was also a very young dad too.  

The ages of my grands runs from 19 to newborn.  I have at some point or the other been able to enjoy holding each and everyone of them.  It is a very good feeling.  

I loved holding my own babes and I love holding the grand'babes' too.

That's what I'll be doing this Saturday...holding the newest born.
I have 10 grandsons and 7 granddaughters now.  This one is a boy.  They are all very precious to me. 

I hope your Saturday is a SUPER one too!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

He is so adorable looking Ma!! What a blessing to have that span of age for grandchildren (and if I remember correctly at least one more on the way this year!) Lots of baby holding in the past and lots to come, how fantastic!! I liked your thought about making sure one has something to retire to rather than retiring from. That is great wisdom there!

Enjoy your baby holding day!

betty

jack69 said...

I have enjoyed the entry very much. You have expressed many of MY feelings, NO ONE can express the feeling of shear joy and peace, of that baby falling asleep in your arms, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!

It is good to get to know one's self. I think one of the hardest things for humans is to do, is to Learn our-selves and not be consumed about what others think of us.

Hollie said...

I have to agree about holding the baby while it sleeps!! Wonderful feeling indeed!! Enjoy your day. It's 95.5 degrees here!

JeanJournal said...

Babies are the sweetest "wonders" in the world! Be happy! I hope your daughter lives close by. It was 97 here today ~ Enjoy the rock a by baby times, Ma. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

What a precious boy. ENJOY those hugs and kisses. Holding that newborn in your arms is the BEST feeling ever. ENJOY each moment MA. Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

You sound so much like me.
Hope your DIL feels better.
Your grandson is beautiful!
sandie