It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 24, Book 12




For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, 
for love and friends,
For everything 
Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson




THANKFUL Thursday!
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and a thank offering and into His courts with praise! Be thankful and say so to Him, bless and affectionately praise His name! 
Psalm 100:4
Did you know that the word worship is, in fact, derived from an Old English word meaning to acknowledge the worth or value of something?  That was one of the new things I learned this week.

It's Thankful Thursday and as always I have a list of things I'm thankful for today.

Appreciation is like an
insurance policy.  It has
to be renewed every
now and then.

Dave McIntyre


There are moments when we just want to thank God for the good things in our lives, and praise God for the amazing world around us.


I can imagine that a prayer of thank you was the first prayer ever uttered: Thank you for the deep blue of sky and the green of grasses. Thank you for food to eat, clothes to wear and a place to sleep.

These simple things are still worthy of our thanks on a daily basis. Without these and other gifts such as air and water, we cannot live. 
I've learned...
that it is those small daily happenings
that make life so spectacular!

I'm always thankful too for my health and the good health of those in my family too

I'm thankful for smiles and hugs that make my days complete

I'm thankful for the beautiful spring days we've been having

I'm thankful tor the new life that is coming in our family this week.


All that we behold is full of blessings.  

William Wordsworth

We might do our hearts, minds and bodies a big favor if we could meet every day with an attitude of gratitude.  Of course, we already know it's good for the soul.


I'm thankful for this Thursday and I hope you all are too!


'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

jack69 said...

There are things in our childhood that we will never forget.

The Bible was still used in school when I was a kid. Memory lessons were taken from the Bible. In the 3rd Grade, One of our required things to remember was the 100th Psalm. I have never forgotten it, and you have brought back such memories. THANKS! yep I am Thankful!

That corgi :) said...

I am thankful for this new day too Ma! And I know you are all so excited with tomorrow (unless today is the day) and the new precious baby in the family! That is truly a blessing indeed!

betyt

Kath said...

You know only too well Ma that I am always thankful for small mercy's,each and every day.I second your post Amen.Goodnight and Godbless it's been a long hot day here at my house today.I hope your day has been kind to you.Take Care Gad Bless Kath xx

JeanJournal said...

I'm thankful for my childhood of people who treasured the BIBLE WAY of living and teaching children GOD'S WAYS ~ GOD BLESS AMERICA ~ AGAIN! ~ and I pray daily that I can influence 'someone' to LIVE a righteous life by what they see in me each day...writings, poetry, just everyday actions.....words, smiles, doing what I should do..... Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun