It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 22, Book 12




As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.

Proverbs 23: 7



TERRIFIC 2'S TUESDAY / THINK and thinking


Think about what you are thinking about


When we indulge in a marvelous hot fudge sundae, we often say, I'm going to gain ten pounds! and maybe we do. The body is always listening. Think about all the negative and often erroneous information we feed our bodies on a daily basis.


Quite a few years ago now, I realized just how much my thoughts affected my attitude.  Our every action and feeling is preceded by a thought.  When we let our  minds race from one thought to another, it's bad enough, but  even worse when thoughts my center around myself and my needs. 

It is important to establish good thinking guidelines and follow them.  Placing thoughts of peace and happiness in our minds will help to make our lives more peaceful and happy.  If we do not set our thoughts properly, we travel through life by way of the places where will will wish we had not gone.  We can choose joy, peace, positive attitudes and stability.  We can overcome the negative situations that are a part of life, but we must choose to do so.

I had thought that if they, the other people in my life, changed, I would be happy.  I’ve also learned that when we’re miserable, we usually end up making others around us miserable, too.

Take time to reflect on things that can improve your feelings...learning, completing tasks, pleasant and relaxing experiences, and kind words.  Think about your happiness, goals, life and its pleasure,  your principles and your conduct.  Think about enjoying the moment.

If you want to make yourself feel better right now, think about a time when you felt your best, when you felt your healthiest.  I could have been last week, last year, or twenty years ago.


I would venture to say that it is practically impossible to be happy while maintaining negative, critical, depressing thoughts.  How we approach our day has much to do with how our day turns out.  What we give to the day helps to determine what the day gives back to us.  If we look at all that we have in life with appreciate, if we cherish every relationship, every possession, and every new moment we will create days that will live in our memories as wonderful days, one after another.

I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative. 

James A. Baldwin 


I hope your Tuesday is filled with only good and great thoughts!


Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like that Ma to establish god thinking guidelines and follow them. I hadn't really thought to establish them; one always wants to be thinking good thoughts but it does take practice and patience to put them into effect. I'm going to work on that today!!

Hoping today is a great day! Who knows it could be the day Grandchild #17 decides to make his appearance!

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Another great post!
Enjoy

Kath said...

That corgi,has said it for mme Ma.It takes practice,but through your blog,for which I am very thankful for ,I am slowly learning these things,and Imust admit,I do feel much better for reading your wonderful posts.I hope by the end of the day,you have hada Terrific Tuesday,because I know I have.The sunshine puts a whole new light on things.Have a wonderful evening Ma.Take Care God Bless and Night Night it is 10pm here right now and I am very late tonight with my commenting.Love you Kath xxx

Chatty Crone said...

Amen - you know what I have found out in my life - you can't change others - it is a waste of time - the only person you can change is yourself!

Love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Positive thinking is paramount to getting through the minefields we encounter in everyday life. These words of wisdom MA are good for the soul. take care.

JeanJournal said...

A day late...but love the post...AS A MAN THINKETH ~ SO IS HE...makes me think of how to do what seems impossibe ~~ but THE BIBLE ALSO SAYS ((( WITH MEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE ~ BUT ~ WITH GOD ~ ALL THINGS ~ ARE POSSIBLE!!! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)