It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 21, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 21, Book 12



One of the best things you can have up your sleeve is a funny bone.

MERRY MONDAY!

Every time I achieve a goal, I find myself at a place of beginning as well as completion. Before a new chapter has a chance to unfold, I may feel I’ve come to a standstill. Yet as soon as I realize I am ready for something more, a new door opens.

As I close one chapter in my life, a new one opens with hope and promise. And I am ready!

The chapters in my life here on this blog are months of each year, the pages are the day and the book is the year.  

As a new week begins I'm sure there will be new beginnings. The biggest of which is that DD is about ready to give birth to her very first baby, a son, on Friday if not before. 

I remember waiting to begin my life as mom.  Funny how it seemed it would never happen and then in the blink of an eye I had 7 babies.  In another blink of an eye, I will have 17 grandchildren.  

What's up your sleeve today?  I'm trying to balance out the waiting with a little humor today.
When you say you have something up your sleeve it means that you have a secret about how you can do something, you have an advantage that you can use to do something.

We can also roll up our sleeves and that means to get busy with the work at hand.

That's me today, I'll be smiling as I work.  Mondays always mean that we get to start a new week.  I'll be getting ready here for that new little one to arrive.

Have a Merry Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Cute entry. Time is hard to explain (after it is gone) and the sleeve thing, yep, we use a lot of statements that come from earlier acts in life. Like that of a magician.
I know YOU will have a great day!!!
Best to you and the upcoming BIRTH!

That corgi :) said...

How exciting for your daughter, Ma! I'm sure she is so very ready to hold her precious little one!! What a joyous time that will be!! It is amazing how fast time goes, isn't it? But I know she'll treasure each and every moment with him :)

betty

Kath said...

My time today has been spent washing lots of things Ma,due to the arrival of a new washing machine.The Sunshine came along with it.So it's been a lovely day everything sweet smellingand so fresh and the bed linen blowing in the wind.Ahhh such a great feeling.Your Dear Daughter will soon be busy doing hers for the new baby too.It's amazing what a differance only one child can mean to washday.Have a lovely Monday Ma.I hope the sun shines for you all.Prayers for you all.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

JeanJournal said...

MERRY MONDAY to you, Ma, as you're waiting on that #17 from your DD and new babies always make me think of the poem WHERE DID YOU COME FROM, BABY DEAR?(of course, the first time I heard the poem was from my mother when I was expecting my first daughter...I googled it and read it again this morning...and prayed for all to go well with you & yours...and all the commenters that bless me soooooo much! Hugs ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

Chatty Crone said...

I am soooooooooooooooo glad you answered the question of the numbers on top for me. That blows my mind. What a great idea! I love it.

And life does go in the blink of an eye.

Sandie

TARYTERRE said...

It's so exciting about your grandchild making a grand entrance soon. Won't be long now. The only thing i have up my sleeve this week is to get better, asap. I threw my back out on Saturday, so I could hardly walk. I've had a 101 to 102 fever since Sunday night.Sniffles, aching head to toe, sore throat. It's down to 99.9 today. So I'm getting there. Take care.