It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 19, Book 12




Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. 

 John W. Gardner


SUPER  Saturday / super you!

What is the difference between decent and exceptional, decent and excellent, or decent and extraordinary

Many of us tip 15% for normal service, with a $2 minimum; 20% for excellent ... and often more if the service was extraordinarily good. ...

If I have a super meal and the service was great I'll leave a tip of 20%

We all have different ideas of how we determine exactly what qualifies as exceptional and extraordinary.

Not just in service and food but in everything we do.


The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra


Jimmy Johnson


We are all special in unique and different ways and something we can all DO is to put that little extra into the good things we can do.

Have a Super Saturday everyone!


'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

JeanJournal said...

"that little 'extra' is very important in TIPPING and in our daily doings. I don't judge people and if a waitress(waiter) seems to be slow or somehow 'distant' (most of the time) I TIP a few dollars MORE as they may be worried, sick, or NEW. And sometimes, I just like to SEE that expression! on their face! when they are REALLY APPREACIATED!!! ~~I'VE MADE THEIR DAY! AND THEY'VE MADE MY DAY! ~ I also feel BETTER! when I can DO MORE THAN I HAVE TO in daily activities!(kinda giving myself a (TIP) ~ I'm thankful I'm over the VIRUS and SOOO HAPPY to be able to DO ANYTHING AGAIN. ~ Ma ~ YOUR DAILY BLOG IS MY (TIP OF THE DAY~~ALWAYS!!!!! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl, :) living in Calhoun

That corgi :) said...

That is so true Ma with the difference between extraordinary and ordinary is just a little difference sometimes. I experience that with my work; taking just that little bit of extra time to look over a report and make sure things look and sound right I think makes all the difference in producing a quality document. Same with every aspect of our lifes.

I've learned over the years sometimes to give a nicer than average tip even if it wasn't the best service just in case someone was having a bad or hard day; maybe that incentive would help them do better on the next table :)

have a good Saturday!

betty

jack69 said...

Short and sweet, but as always: EXTRAordinary! because we readers can see that little 'extra'.
Love from our park in the mountains.

Martha said...

I'm doing just that tonight Ma :)

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Gives me something to think about! Gosh I never leave more than 20% - do you? Love, sandie

Pat MacKenzie said...

Tipping is always a grey area for me, with no hard and fast rules attached to it as far as I can tell. The way lots of people here in Alberta do it is to just double the GST (goods and services tax) which is 7%, and maybe throw in a little extra.

TARYTERRE said...

My hubby and I always get in a tizzy over tipping. I've had friends who were waitresses and know they depend on their tips to bring their salary up to minimum wage. So I try to leave 20% when service is good. He leaves 15%. But you're right the only difference between ordinary is the EXTRA people put into their effort. Take care.