It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 18, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 18, Book 12




As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.
John 15:9-11

FANTASTIC FRIDAY

 Live SIMPLY or simply live

The world seems more complex every day, and though I can’t simplify society, I can simplify my own life. It seems that one thing never changes,  and that’s learning how to create and keep simplicity in our lives and homes for nurturing ourselves. 

I know a lot of people that never seem to know a moments peace in their lives until they fall in bed at night.  They hurry through the day to do so many different things that they are simply living and not taking the time to nurture themselves.  I try to life a life that matters.

How we live at home affects our work and our relationships.  It's the simple things in life that matter the most.  Sometimes we get so busy that we forget that.  We get so caught up in the busyness of life that we forget how our lives can be so richly blessed by simplicity!
  

I've found that by setting my sights on JOY, my heart on love and my mind on peace, I can LIVE simply and at ease.

The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.
Oprah Winfrey


Sending you love, laughter, hugs and the prayer that peace and simplicity will always be in your life.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

Kath said...

I love your last statement Ma,and wing it back your way.I keep trying to simplyfy my life,then just when I seem it's going that way,something comes along to uproot it.Have a great weekend,in your simplicity.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I like what you set your sights on with Joy and your heart on love, etc. That is a great way to live Ma! I need to adapt more of that into my own life!!

have a great day!

betty

jack69 said...

Simply put, YOU ARE RIGHT!

Sending love that way from down here!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love this - 'Live SIMPLY or simply live.'

You know I want to live simply - but my daughter lives here and my grandson lives here - and their life is not simple - that makes my life not simple - I would say this is the issue I am working on these days and it's hard.
And then my husband has health issues - so it has been very complicated - yet I want it simple. All I can do is go to God in prayer with all of it.
I love your blog.
Sandie♥

TARYTERRE said...

You are so right that people do NOT take time to nurture themselves. BUSY as bees doing anything and everything. Taking at least 15-45 minutes for yourself each day makes a BIG difference, I know. Hope you're enjoying this nice weather. take care. PS)My next two weeks are jammed packed with graduations, spring programs and birthdays and doctor appointments.