It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 16, Book 12



It really doesn't matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. You have things to do and you want to move on.

Author Unknown

WONDERFUL Wednesday/ forgiveness is a wonderful thing

Mother Teresa of Calcutta felt that each person she met was Jesus in disguise.  Just trying to imagine how much differently we could treat people, if we thought of them as she did, is almost impossible for me. She realized that God loves everyone as His own sons and daughters. If someone insulted, slighted, ignored, or devalued was one of my children, I would take it as a personal insult, so why is it so hard to understand that God feels the same way when one of His children is mistreated?

There are multitudes of people we encounter daily that are just trying to survive until someone rescues them, and that someone could even be you or me.  Rescuing can come in many forms and one of those can be the NOT so simple act of forgiveness.

When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly.
 Proverbs 31:26 - The Message

Sometimes as our emotions escalate, our defensiveness increases, and makes our responses sharp and prickly.  Misunderstandings happen and before we know it disagreements happen.  Feelings are hurt and those are the times we need to forgive and let go.  I know what it is like to jump in and say something before thinking about it and having to ask for forgiveness for what I've said in anger or frustration.

When we can remember to say some kind words and not let our own circumstances change what we say, we'll often find that our relationships will blossom and not fade away.

Every one has bad days, I'm not excluded from that one for sure.  Remembering that a few kind words could make someones day, I will also be blessed by having fewer reasons to need to ask for forgiveness.  I can choose to forgive myself and others.  I can choose to be happy.  

I don't forgive people because I'm weak, I forgive them because I am strong enough to know people make mistakes.

Marilyn Monroe

Giving forgiveness to someone else, may make their burden lighter too.


Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

That is so true about giving forgiveness to others, Ma. Not only does it lighten their burden, but ours as well, since unforgiveness can lead to bitterness and no one wants to carry that around!

I hope your Wednesday is a good one!!

betty

Hollie said...

So true indeed!!

Have a wonderful time at the camper! I know it has to be lovely there!

I have restored some order her at the home place. Now trying to get the laundry caught up!!

jack69 said...

Again, unknown has said a fact. We do need to forgive for ourselves.
Good stuff as always MA. I hope your day was great!!!

TARYTERRE said...

It is so difficult not to let our own circumstances change what we say and do. You are right that FORGIVENESS can lift someone up. And we must be open to it. take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I do struggle with forgiveness - especially when it comes to someone hurting one of my family members! I have to work on this! love, sandie