It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 15, Book 12




God manages perfectly day and night, year in and year out, the movements of the stars, the wheeling of the planets, the staggering condition of events that goes on the molecular level in order to hold things together.  There is no doubt that He can manage the time of my days and weeks.

Elisabeth Elliot

TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday

It is always amazing to me when I wake up each morning to find that life continues on pretty much as it has for many years now.  Each day I wake up to find things pretty much the same as they were the day before. It does seem that there is always a little surprise or two that comes along though.  Ordinary days are often some of the best days of my life.

I read my blogger friends entries each morning and am always interested in what they are doing and what is going on in their lives.  One thing about the internet is that I have met some very nice people over the years and one of them was Ray White.  I read his journal on AOL  and I've been reading his blog here on blogger.  Every morning he was always there to welcome the day with a good cup of coffee and a smile.  I remember telling my own Dad about this wonderful guy and his Tomato Garden Journal.  My Dad didn't live too many years after that.  Still Ray White and Dad's tomato garden blog kept on and I always loved reading about his life.  He surely did live a long and abundant one. 

Last week I woke up to find a message telling us that Ray White had passed away.  I will miss him and his SMILES each day.  But life continues on for us all.  Day after day I'll still be here until it is my turn.  I know that someday I'll have to leave this good earth too.  I don't know if there will be someone to let you know about it or not.  But I do know that as long as I can and as long as my computer holds out I'll be here to greet you all and welcome another new day.

None of us knows the day or the hour our life as we know it might end.  Death, illness, life in general changes so fast for us. Today is a good one, Life is good and I'll be living each day the best I can.  I'll be following the advice of a very good man.  

Time is so precious – do not waste it 

Live For Others Every Day, It’s The True The Better Way

I've always believed that what we have much of we should share with others.  The much that I have is my faith and my family and I do try to share that with you all as much as I can.  

That is my two for this terrific Tuesday:  advice and a good man

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

11 comments:

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan said...

Ray's blog was the only one I visited on a daily basis for his coffee, his smiles, his tomatoes, and his advise. Seems with his passing I have turned to you and your daily blog. It is a beautiful in color and content. It is inspirational and friendly. It starts my day with a smile and some food for thought. ..Joan

Joan said...

Ray's blog was the only one I visited on a daily basis for his coffee, his smiles, his tomatoes, and his advise. Seems with his passing I have turned to you and your daily blog. It is a beautiful in color and content. It is inspirational and friendly. You start my day with a smile and some food for thought. ...Joan

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Thank you for sharing Ray White's story. What a blessing to be remembered in such a positive way! I also love your quote about God's "ability" to handle the day to day events of our lives! Thank you.

That corgi :) said...

It was sad to hear about Ray White's passing; I didn't follow his journal a lot but when I did, I always walked away feeling better about reading what he wrote. I am sure he will be missed by many; to live to 98 and still be able to write like that; amazing!

I'm with you, Ma, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to figure out how to get into my blog and let people know if something were to happen to me. I think I better write that down. Sometimes when I have spare time I check out other blogs and it is amazing how many are just out there in cyberspace that haven't been updated in several years. I would think after I passed I would like my blog deleted by family. Better make a note....

You are right, we do not know how many days we have here; we do need to treasure each and every one of them, even the ones that seem just the same as the day before :)

may your Tuesday be terrific indeed!

betty

betty said...

Ray White is a precious memory. I, too, read his blog everyday. He often encouraged us to read your blog. Back in October, I did and enjoyed once again the poem, "October gave a party...."
From then on I had two blogs to check everyday. You introduced me to Sister Anne Marie and my mornings became busier. Thank you for the morning smiles and inspiration. Aloha.

JeanJournal said...

Well, my first day of 'in 80's was very nice...but had a sore throat and postponed the eating out and shopping until Thursday. I viewed some websites of BEING HAPPY IN 80'S ( AND I THINK WE HAVE TO "LEARN" AS WE GO ...just like we've always done.0 HUGS! ~~Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

jack69 said...

Sweet, Ma! Love the sentiment here.

Chatty Crone said...

I don't know who Ray is, but I am sorry about that loss. We have so much to be thankful for every time we wake up. We have another day to start all over and try again. sandie

JeanJournal said...

I had an uncle that lived to be 88 ~ and he was still driving from Chaelotte, NC to Calhoun to see us every summer except for the last year...He said he lived by the BIBLE and he had a health book(oh how I wish I could remember the name of that book) UNCLE FRANK WAS AMAZING1 ~ and lived everyday with JOY! and "helping others." I'm still 'not up to par' ~ must have a virus ~ Desire your prayers, Ma~~~and thinking SO THIS IS MY EIGHTIES? Blessya! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl((well maybe an 'old lady' today)(KIDDING! I don't give up that quick...living in Calhoun.

TARYTERRE said...

Ray White was a GREAT guy, indeed. I too used to read Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. It saddened me to hear of his passing. But you are right, we do not know when our time will come. It might be in a year, a month or hour. So we should live each moment like it's our last. I have nobody that can access my blog to tell you goodbye for me, if something were to happen??? I left instructions here for my daughter, but now she's sick, so... One day at a time. take care.