It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 11, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 11, Book 12



Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:  I — not events — have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.  I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx


FANTASTIC Friday!

What a week this has been.  It hardly seems possible at all that it is Friday already.

I had a lot to do and got very little of it done.  What I did do was good though, so I won't complain at all.

Monday was laundry and grass mowing

Tuesday I worked in the yard and shared some of the plants that I thinned out of my flowerbed with my daughter

Wednesday I washed the bedding in the spare room, cleaned out a little more in the basement and made some beans and rice for dinner

Thursday was shopping and errand day

And  here we are on Friday
.  I'm making potato salad to take to DSIL's birthday cookout tomorrow.

It was a busy and fast week.  Not an usual week at all, but a good one.


A million tomorrows shall all pass away
'Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, today.

Randy Sparks 

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Friday!
The weekend is just ahead.

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

Hollie said...

You have been busy! Sounds like a great week though! Happy Birthday to DSIL!! Have a great time at the cookout!!

That corgi :) said...

I bet that potato salad will be delicious! Happy birthday to DSIL! It was a busy week for you, Ma! I bet it felt good to get some of the work done that needed to be done; I think our to do lists never completely get cleared, but always a good feeling to knock a few items off it!

have a great day; I love that quote of Groucho Marx! Good words to live every day by!

betty

JeanJournal said...

Ma, You've been a BUSY GIRL ~ Yesterday was a NO HOUSEWORK DAY for me and having a Mom & daughter day with Kathy was fun! ~ I get sidetracked all the time and therefore don't accomplish as much as I should! ~ Pray a little harder for me! ~ I'm not kidding ~ Your thoughts today are WONDERFUL! as always (a tip...When i make a ((( To~~DO list)))) ~ and check it off ~ MORE gets done ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

Martha said...

Sounds like it was a very productive week if you ask me! Happy birthday to DSIL and have a wonderful weekend!