It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chapter 5, Page 10, Book 12




All these [gifts, achievements, abilities] are inspired and brought to pass by one and the same Spirit, Who apportions to each person individually as He chooses.

1 Corinthians 12:11

THANKFUL THURSDAY!

I do believe that every gift I've received, all the blessings in my life, have been given to me by our dear Lord.  Day by day, my life is filled with good things.  Sometimes I forget to be thankful for them and so every Thursday, I take some time to let you all know what I have to be thankful for.  



This past week I was blessed by some very happy time spent at my camper.  It's my vacation home away from home.  A place where I can be out in the beauty of the countryside.  I'm a city girl, but love the country and right now I seem to have the best of both worlds.

I have a nice comfortable home that I'm thankful for too.  Being in town, I'm close to most anyplace I need to go.  That is really nice when the cost of driving and caring for a vehicle is so high.  I'm 5 minutes away from most anywhere I need to go.  

I got to spend some time with some of my family this week too.  That is always a gift I'm thankful for.  My children and grandchildren are the ones that keep me motivated .  A lot of what I do is for or because of them.

I have a small but lovely yard that has lots and lots of perennials growing in the flower beds there  and I'm enjoying lots of blooms and blossoms this spring.  Right now we have azaleas, iris, allium, and a few remnants of lily of the valley.  The lilac bush, which is usually lovely this time of year got hit by a hard frost a few weeks ago and we only saw two or 3 blossoms on it.  Very soon my roses will be blooming.  It is covered with tiny little buds.

So many gifts and so many blessings but the best of all is greeting each new day.  Life is a blessing in itself and I'm thankful for it.  Remember whenever you feel your spirt starting to sink, you need to count your blessings and the good things in your life, it will boost your faith and lift your spirit.

Sometimes  our own labels of what is good and what is bad gets in the way of seeing the goodness of the Lord.  But our needs are fulfilled day by day and sometimes in the most amazing ways.

1st Corinthians 12: 31 has yet more to share with us

Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Love Is Indispensable

And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

I hope that this Thursday is one that you can be THANKFUL for too.

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

Kath said...

WOW that lilac bush is beautiful.I love lilac,what a shame,so much has been ruined by our rain here Ma.I didn't see the true beauty of my cherry blossoms this spring, for the same reason.The Rowan trees are just blossoming ready to turn to the berry's soon.Yes we have lots to be thankful for in life and nature.It was a sad day yesterday in Blog Land,to learn of the passing of one of our Dear Blogger friends.The oldest Blogger in the world.I shall miss his posts and good cup of Morning coffee.Every day is special as you say.No one is promised tomorrow.Take Care.God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

It is wonderful to be so thankful. It is also rewarding by making a happier life.

We here are thankful for an encouraging spot to rest/ read for a minute.

Love on you!!!

That corgi :) said...

I bet your yard does look beautiful with all those flowers growing in it; so colorful! So much to be thankful for; always glad to read your list of thankfuls, Ma. It reminds me too to be thankful indeed!

have a great day!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

It is nice to have a place to go to escape the everyday doldrums. ENJOY every moment you can out at the camper. Your flowers sound lovely. Pretty blooms are good for the soul. I have mostly weeds here. Everything is overgrown because neither I or my husband can do what needs to be done to get it in shape. Such a shame. I have memories of how it used to be, though. Take care.

Jean said...

Love to read your blog. I hope you get to spend many days in your camper we use to camp many years ago and I miss it. I know your yard is so pretty with all the pretty flowers. Take care. Jean

JeanJournal said...

DITTO! THAT LILAC BUSH IS GORGEOUS! ~ I;m thankful for every day I wake up and try to make every day happier than the one before Ma I'm thankful today for~~~(children, health, neighbors, home and (Jean's little acre) friends, books, dolls, teddy bears, computer laptop, radio. television, grandkids ~~~ the list could go on and on ~ but the MAIN THING IS THE PRESENCE! OF THE LORD with me each day. GOD BLESS YOU DEAR ~ and all the bloggers, also. ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl (SMILE) living in Calhoun